Epilogue:

Harry

He visited her grave as often a possible, typically staying for hours, talking to a ghost that never responded and leaving fresh flowers.

Years had passed and there was still a void in his chest that couldn't ever be refilled no matter how hard he tried.

"Seraphina's third gallery opened last night, it was brilliant! She's still so involved with the 'story of us' but she's taken it to a whole new level sweetheart. It's lovely.

You know, she always tells her buyers that the only reason she's gotten so far is because of you and that letter you wrote her before you left. She's definitely right.

God, she looks so much like you, it's crazy! Weird how each of them looks like either you, or me isn't it?

I hope they find the love they're looking for, sometimes I think they're afraid to because of how our story ended. Too bad that they always prove me wrong just like you said they would when they were older haha.

The days are so long now that I sometimes don't know what to do anymore. It's so hard not having you by my side, I almost lost myself in old habits sometimes but the thought of you always brought me back.

I miss you so much..."

He hadn't realized that he'd been crying until a hand rested on his shoulder.

Seraphina kissed his cheek, "Like she said, she'll always be here. And Dad?"

Harry closed his eyes and took a deep breath, humming in response for her to continue.

"She'll always love you just like you've always loved her."

* * *

"I did it Scarlett. I finally reached that happiness that you asked of me. Walking our little girl down the aisle and watching Ambrose marry the girl of his dreams seemed to do the trick.

Their kids are so cute, I wish you were here to experience all of this with me. It's just not the same without you."

He gently set the journal beside him along with the bouquet of roses, "You know I haven't felt well for a good while, I've always known what it meant, you taught me that. I hate to leave all of this behind but there isn't much that I can do about it now, I'm far too old."

Harry laughed lightly, his head now resting on her headstone, "I'm not going to make it home to them tonight sweetheart, I know it. But, I'll finally make it home to you my love."

His no longer vibrant eyes fell shut as he reminisced the time they shared together and everything about his life, "Happy anniversary sweetheart, I'll see you soon."

A cool breeze fanned over his face and his eyes never opened again.

* * *

Everything was dark for a while, no sound, no movement, no nothing. It seemed like an eternity before the blinding light flooded his senses.

When his sight cleared, everything was so pristine and beautiful.

And then there was his wife, as youthful and beautiful as the day he'd first met her.

His eyes wandered down to his hands, amazed at how youthful he was as well.

Harry didn't think much after that and ran to Scarlett, lifting her up in his arms and peppering every inch of her skin with kisses.

Her mellifluous laugh was all he needed to know to know that she was actually with him again, that she was actually there.

"I've missed you."

He couldn't help the tears that fell from the corners of his eyes, "I've missed you so much more than you could ever imagine."

Scarlett had been about to say something when he kissed her like she was the only thing he ever needed to survive, because in all honesty, she really was.

When he broke away, she smiled brightly at him, her palm now resting against his cheek, "Happy Anniversary Harry. Come on, I'll show you around and you can tell me all about little Seraphina and Ambrose and how they grew up..."

Author's Note:

For those of you that enjoyed this book and want to see more of Scarlett and Harry, I've just posted a book for 'deleted scenes' titled EXTRAS. So, if you'd like to read up on moments that you DIDN'T see here, that's the place to go!

                                                                          Much love, Flora