Chapter Thirty-Four:

Mum,

      I cannot express to you how grateful I am that you've taken me in and treated me as your own daughter even before your son and I were married. I'll have to admit though, I was terrified to meet you at first. After all, who would want an ex-addict dating their son? Now I know that there was never anything to be afraid of, and I am so very glad to have had you as my mother-in-law. I want to thank you, for all of the love you and your family have shown me for the time that I've been around. I honestly don't know where I would be without your son despite the way we had both originally met. You've made such an impact on my life and I'm so very happy that you'll have an even greater impact on my children's lives. I'm so sorry to have broken your son's heart so that it is probably now irreparable, I hope you can forgive me. Please, just make sure he's happy Mum, if he needs to find someone else please tell him that it's okay. I've already told him but you know how he is. Again, thank you for all that you've given me in these last seventeen years, I am forever grateful.

               Love Always,
                   Scarlett

Dad,

Harry respects and adores you so much, I have to be honest, it's hard not to. My dad never really cared about me the way you care about him even though he's your step son. Thank you a thousand times over for letting me into your family and your heart, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Again, I'd like to apologize for how devastated I'm sure Harry is right now, I really wish things were different. I know I left them in good hands though, you're a strong family and so are we, I know you'll help him and the kids through this. Thank you, for all that you've done for me and all that you've done for my side of the family. I'll miss every single one of you, but I know in my heart that you won't forget me and that's the best I could ever ask for. Goodbye Dad, keep well and keep a good watch over Harry and the kids, I know they'll need it.

           Love Always,
                      Scarlett

Gemma,

I never imagined that I'd have a sister. Quite honestly, I didn't ever really want one either. You changed my mind so fast that it was almost alarming! Now, I don't think I'd ever want a sister that wasn't you. Who else would I run to for dirt on my husband? I hope that everything works out for you in the end, you certainly deserve as much. Before Harry tells you otherwise, just know that Seraphina and Ambrose love you almost as much as they love him, it's insanely cute. Don't mess with your brother too much though, I might be gone but I'm not completely gone you know ;) I love you so much Gem, thank you for being the sister I never knew that I needed.

                Love Always,
                       Scarlett

Seraphina,

My sweet, beautiful little girl, there aren't enough ways to tell you how sorry I am for leaving your life like this. Daddy and I never thought that it would happen this way. We thought everything was okay and that we could start a family and watch you grow up. I'm so so sorry that we were wrong sweetie. I remember when we first found out that we were having you, I was so afraid to start a family for this exact reason. But sweetie, I don't regret having you and your little brother a single bit. You two are the best thing that happened to Daddy and I since we fell in love, don't you ever forget that. I know that you're very upset right now, and that is absolutely okay. Don't hold anything in sweetie, let it all out. Dad will understand I promise, he's going to be upset for a very long time. But sweetie, it's okay to be happy after you've accepted everything. I want you to smile and laugh and be happy. Be there for Daddy too, he can't handle this on his own either. You're probably wondering why I gave you my favourite necklace. I wanted you to have it because you've always been so happy to hear how much Dad and I love each other and I know it was your favourite thing of mine. Whenever you feel lonely, or whenever you miss me, just open the heart and remember how much I love you sweetie. You might not be able to see me anymore, but I will always be in your heart and watching over you, your brother, and your dad and I will always, always, love you. Always follow your dreams sweetie, and always remember how much I love you. You're never alone and you can do anything you dream.

            I love you so much,
                       Mummy

Ambrose,

My beautiful little boy, Mummy is so so so sorry that she had to go with the Angels so soon. I want nothing more than to watch you and your big sister grow up and to grow old with Daddy. You look just like him and I know that you'll be just as kind and loveable as he is. Mummy wants you to know that it's always okay to cry, even when people say you can't because you're not supposed to. You cry if you want to. Always remember to be kind and remember that Mummy will always love you so very much. I will always be around even though you can't see me, I will always be with you, Seraphina, and Daddy.

        I love you so so very much,
                      Mummy

Harry,

      My love, I know you're hurting so badly right now. I wish that it didn't have to be this way. I never wanted to ever break your heart and it breaks mine to know that I have to leave you here. You've been my other half for so long and I know that you're definitely falling apart at the seams right now. I can never express to you how sorry I am, but I'm sure you can feel it. Baby, please don't wallow in this for months. Seraphina and Ambrose need you now more than ever and the same can be said for you. I want you to remember all of the moments we shared, even the bad ones, and remember the love we had. I know it hurts, I do, but it will help you be happy and it will keep me in your memory the more you recall. I love you so much. Harry, don't ever be afraid of finding someone else to fill this void in your heart, I will never ever be mad at you for that. My wedding ring is under your pillow, I knew they'd tell me to take it off at the hospital and I wanted to be sure that you had it. I put it on a chain because I know how much you like necklaces and I wanted it to be closer to your heart. I will always be with you sweetheart, I promise you that. You were my first love, and my last and I hope that you value that as much as I do.

                Forever yours,
                   Scarlett xxxxxx