Chapter Twenty-Six:

Scarlett

She had been enjoying her first real moments of silence in months when Harry had finally come home.

She'd heard him check on Seraphina briefly and smiled while keeping her eyes closed. He was such a great father.

It wasn't long before the gentle thud of his boots sounded by the closet and his weight was added to the mattress.

Scarlett hummed lightly as he climbed on top of her, being sure not to fully put too much of his weight down so that she was comfortable.

Her eyes remained shut as he kissed down her neck and spoke rather lowly in her ear, "Did you miss me today? Because I missed you, a lot."

Scarlett gasped lightly and had been about to reply when he bit down lightly on the skin where her neck met her shoulder where he laughed quietly, "You better say yes."

He kissed her then, fully and on her lips, his teeth gently pulling at her lower lip before he pulled away. He'd missed her lip ring but her lips were still hauntingly addictive even without it.

Blue eyes met his as her teeth took in her bottom lip, "Seraphina's in the other room..."
Harry smiled, that crooked smile that she'd come to adore very quickly soon after they had met, "Sweetheart, she's fast asleep."

He almost whined, "And it's been so long."

It was difficult to say no to him, especially when he was in certain moods, much like the one he was currently in. Plus, they hadn't had sex in months.

"If she wakes up it isn't happening again and you're calming her down, deal?"

Harry grinned triumphantly, "Absolutely! By the way, I love it when you steal my shirts like that, too bad it'll be off in only a few moments."

Scarlett smiled at his notion, "Shut up and get on with it before our little angel wakes up."

His lips met hers with a renewed passion that was liberating in and of itself.

Months had passed where each of them was far past utter exhaustion and the only real time they spent together was cuddling as they fell asleep, only to be shortly awakened by a crying Seraphina. But that's what happens when you have a baby, you change your patterns and life continues to move on.

However, neither of them had forgotten just how wonderful and easy it was for them to connect on a deeper level.

So much time had passed since they had last had sex that she found Harry had to silence her with desperate kisses so that she wouldn't wake up their little girl.

Harry collapsed into the mattress beside her, him breathing just as heavily as she was.

He stared up at the ceiling, wide grin adorning his features as Scarlett lay bare against him.

"I've still got it!"

Scarlett laughed louder than she had intended to and kissed him, "Hate to break it to you Harry, but you never lost it."

His grin seemed to grow, "Even better!"

Scarlett's nose scrunched up as she giggled, he always found a way to be adorable and she loved it.

She had been about to say something else when Seraphina's infant cries flooded through the baby monitor.

Harry chuckled lightly and kissed her deeply before removing himself from the bed and quickly pulling his boxers on, "A promise is a promise. This time keep her up for a little, yes?"

Permanent smile still intact Scarlett nodded, "Yep! Dinner and a little play time with Mummy and Daddy before it's bed time again."

His grin returned, "In that case, I'll be back with our little princess in a few minutes!"

True to his word, he did exactly so, entering the room with their giggling infant tugging at his curls.

Scarlett's smile grew, "She missed you as usual. Maybe now she'll be calm for more than five minutes hmm?"

Harry stood in the doorway and bounced little Seraphina lightly in his arms, "I missed her more! Even though she seems to only like to pull my hair, don't you sweetie?"

Seraphina giggled and waved her little arms up and down in response and Harry kissed her cheek before setting her in the middle of the bed next to her Mummy.

Scarlett's voice went up in pitch as she talked to their beautiful little girl, "Hi sweetie! Did you sleep well? It sure looks like you did!"

Scarlett kissed her forehead and leaned into Harry as he crawled into the bed beside her.

"Sometimes it's still hard to believe that we created this beautiful little girl and that she's real."

Scarlett hummed in agreement as Seraphina looked at the two of them expectantly.

Harry decided to play a game of peek-a-boo with her before Scarlett could suggest something else.

His hands went to cover his face and Scarlett laughed lightly before falsely gasping and proceeding to ask, "Where'd Daddy go!?"

Harry had been about to reveal his grin when Seraphina burst out into a fit of hysterical crying.

His smile fell instantly and his hands dropped to pick her up, rubbing her little back gently and apologizing in an attempt to calm her down.

"Aw sweetie, Daddy didn't mean to upset you. I'm sorry, I won't do that again."

Seraphina's small cries quieted as she grabbed his hair in her tiny little fists and began tugging on it once more.

Scarlett was giving Harry a look that was adorable but prompted him to ask in a rather cheery tone, "What?"

"It's not fair! I'm home with her all the time and she's still a Daddy's girl! You suck!" She pouted with a slight smile as she watched them interact. In all honesty, it was adorable but she wouldn't ever tell him so because she was jealous.

Harry chuckled and kissed Seraphina's forehead, "She could just not like the game sweetie. Plus, she still loves you too you know."

Scarlett devised a way to prove her point, "I play peek-a-boo with her all the time! Watch!"

Once she had Seraphina's attention, she disappeared behind her hands. Seraphina made small, confused noises before she removed her hands and playfully said, "Peek-a-boo!"

Their little girl giggled lightly before shoving her tiny fingers in her mouth and looking between her and Harry.

"See!?"

Harry thought the whole thing was amusing and laughed briefly before closing the distance between them, careful not to squish Seraphina, and kissed Scarlett quite deeply.

"I see Scarlett. She loves you too though, Mrs. Most Beautiful Mummy in the World!"

In that moment, she'd fallen for him three times over again and prayed to God that she'd get the chance to grow old with him and their children.