t w e n t y f i v e

At dinner I passed by Ushijima on the way to my seat and I swear our hands touched in the slightest of ways. He had texted a few minutes earlier saying we needed to talk tonight and it's been making me nervous. I mean what is there to talk about?

The kiss the other day..?

I hope not. I can kiss him, but I can't talk about it. It's just... awkward.

"Hey, hey, hey." I hear from behind me when I get to my seat. "Are these seats taken?"

My heart skips a beat and I shift over to let Bokuto sit next to me. "Yes. If you look very carefully you can see all my friends."

Friends. There's that word again. What a joke.

He laughs and sits next to me. Akaashi moves infront of us and glances around.

"Sara's not here." I say dryly.

He looks down and blushes. "I wasn't looking for her."

Sure he wasn't. Everyone does.

"So I was thinking every Saturday." Bokuto nudges me.

"Huh?" I look at him and he's all excited.

"Every Saturday we should meet up. I can help you with your homework! Not to brag, but I got a 47 on my trig test."

My heart skips a beat. But then I realize...

"Bokuto you live five hours away from me."

"Five hours and fourteen minutes to be exact." He smiles. "But it's fine. Some days we can even meet in the middle! You travel two hours and thirty-eight minutes, and I do the same."

He put so much thought into this. It's the sweetest thing anyone's done for me. I love that he wants to see me and it's not just me wanting to see him. We're finally equal. But I don't know if I can make him go five hours once a week - there and back. It's a lot.

"That's a lot of traveling."

"Yeah, but, how else would I see you?"

My stomach flutters at his innocent words.

"Fine," I say with a smile. "We can do that."

He beams and looks to Akaashi. "You can come too."

"Sara lives infront of me." I mutter playing with my food.

I don't look up to see his reaction. But he responds with a simple, "Okay." I'm sure he's blushing on the inside.

-

After breakfast I went to help Bokuto and Akaashi with their warm ups and then Coach Tamura dragged me over to the girls practice. I did what I always do. Hand out water bottles and towels, watch them play, try to keep the ball from hitting my face, and the newest one : avoid eye contact with Sara. It was boring. I spent my lunch outside on the grass with Bokuto. We got icecream again and I listened to more of his jokes. I'm going to miss those jokes. He put his number in my phone so we could talk even after we leave tomorrow morning. When lunch ended, I watched the girls do some laps and play more games. The day ended with a big meaty dinner. Bokuto went crazy, as did every other guy. It was cute to see them all happy. He tried forcing me to taste some, but I wasn't all that hungry.

Ushijima was normal too. I sat by him for a few minutes and talked about how weird everyone was acting. I told him I didn't get the obsession with meat, he shrugged and did an almost smile.

I even decided to talk to Oikawa for a bit too. He asked me to take some pictures of him and Iwaiziumi. Iwa didn't look too happy to be in the pictures, but he smiled.