t h i r t y s i x

I won't give myself enough credit to say I broke the Tooru Oikawa's heart. But I did do something and I don't even know how. One minute he's teasing me and the next he's claiming his love? That's a lot.

I force myself to push down all thoughts of Oikawa and focus on Ushijima and Bokuto. Sara glances at me from time to time but she won't ever say anything. Part of me wants her to say something. I need advice and it's not like I can talk to the boys about it.

I could talk to Akaashi but I feel like he'd be a little biased.

"This has been fun, I'm glad I came." Bokuto says pulling me in to a hug.

"I'm glad you came too... but it's a bit late."

"Yeah and?"

"And the trains don't run all day." I remind him. It takes him a moment but he realizes what I'm saying.

"AAAAGGGKKKKAAASSSSHHHHHIIIIII!!!"

"Yes Bokuto?" Akaashi glances over.

"WE'RE TRAPPED HERE!" Bokuto falls on me dramatically. "I'M GOING TO DIE HERE!"

Akaashi rolls his eyes. "I told you we didn't plan this out."

"NOOOOOOOOO!" Bokuto shakes me. "HELP ME!"

I laugh. "You can stay with me."

Ushijima pulls Bokuto off me with one hand.

"No. They can stay with me."

Bokuto looks at me and shakes his head when Ushijima drops him. "Don't make me go with him! He's gonna hit me with a volleyball while I'm sleeping."

"Sleep with one eye open then." Ushijima suggests and I gasp.

"Ushijima! Did you just say a joke?!"

"It was a suggestion, not a joke." He shrugs.

"It was a joke." Bokuto teases and runs to Akaashi to tell him, leaving Ushijima and I alone.

"I can't believe I made you say a joke." I scrunch my nose and point a finger at him.

"You make me do a lot of things." He gives me a small smile. It looks a little out of place on his face... but it's also perfect.

Just like he is.

"And a smile? Wow. I must be magic."

"Pure magic." He grabs my chin and lifts it up. My heart races like it always does, but he gently releases his grip and nods his head to the others. "Let's go,"

We spend the next hour walking around, laughing, and playing like little kids. It was nice to just let go for once.

"We should be getting back now." Ushijima says after awhile. "I can walk you home."

I start to agree but Oikawa usually waits till I get home. If he's there... I don't know if he'd like seeing Ushijima and Bokuto bouncing behind me.

I look over to Sara out of habit and even though we're on rough terms. She knows exactly what I want.

"Actually," She cuts in giving me only one glance. "I was hoping to talk to Y/N alone. If that's okay?"

"I guess so," I kick a small rock and distantly hear Tendou jump.

"Ouch! What was that?!" He looks around quickly. I pretend to be engaged in the conversation with Ushijima and Sara.

"Okay." Ushijima nods his head and Sara skips off to Tendou, Bokuto, and Akaashi. Probably saying her goodbyes.