f i v e

I turn my gaze over to the voice before walking into the bathroom. A guy with hair similar to an owl pouts to a guy with messy black hair and a face that is as emotionless as Ushijima's. Although this guy seems to be slightly more exasperated. Both of them are wearing matching light grey blazers and black trousers. The messy haired guy's trousers are held up by a black belt and his white shirt is tucked, his grey blazer buttoned once. The owl guy has his white shirt untucked, his grey blazer unbuttoned, and his sleeves rolled up. They definitely don't belong here. But I feel like I know him.

He looks so familiar.

"Sorry," The messy haired guy shrugs.

The owl guy starts responding but his eyes land on me before he can say anything. "Oi! Hi!"

I raise my eyebrows. "Me?"

Owl guy looks around. "No one else is here, so yeah."

"Oh, uh, hi?"

The messy boy looks up from whatever game they were playing and he tilts his head.

"You have something on your nose." Owl guy says walking closer to me.

"I know, I-" I stop talking when he wipes my nose with his arm.

"There! All better!" He beams and I blink. Did he just-? "I'm Kōtarō Bokuto!"

I quickly stop the urge to gasp. Bokuto! The captain and ace of Fukurōdani's boys volleyball team.

"I'm L/N F/N," I smile trying to act casual.

"Keiji Akaashi." The messy haired boy holds out a hand and I shake it.

"From Fukurōdani, right?"

"Born and raised." Bokuto laughs. Sara would die if she knew I was talking to them. She loves Akaashi's sets. Bokuto throws a hand over Akaashi and smiles.

"So you play?" He asks.

"Huh?"

Bokuto points to my bag where I have the volleyball sticker that Sara shoved on last year.

"Oh, no. I don't play, I manage the girls team. My best friend plays though." I turn to Akaashi. "She loves your sets, by the way."

Akaashi blushes slightly at the compliment but his expression doesn't change.

"My best friend plays too! We have something in common already!" Bokuto jumps.

Akaashi sighs. "He's talking about me."

"Of course I am! The best setter the world has seen!" He shakes Akaashi a bit and I laugh realizing Oikawa would get so offended if he heard that. "Did you know I ranked in the top five aces in the nation?"

Yes. Yes, Bokuto I do know that. I've followed his every move since he joined Fukurōdani's team. I barely like volleyball, but I love the players. Bokuto's up on my fantasy crush list with Ushijima.

"I did, congratulations." I smile which lights him up even more. I mean top five isn't as good as top three like Ushijima and Sara earned, but it's still a lot better than me.

"I know! I'm the best ace!"

"So your friend is on the team?" Akaashi asks while patting Bokuto's back.

"Mhmm," I nod. It's my turn to brag. "Sara Sato. You might've heard of her."

Their eyes go wide. Even Akaashi.

"You're kidding, right?" Bokuto asks and then turns to Akaashi. "She's kidding, right?"

I shake my head and a surge of pride fills me. "We've been best friends forever." I shrug acting like it's nothing.

"Wow! You're so cool!" Bokuto gushes, his golden-colored eyes filling with questions. Maybe being friends with Sara has it's perks...

"What are you guys doing at Shiratorizawa?"

"The usual," Bokuto shrugs focusing on my lips. I suddenly feel really self conscious and wish I put some chapstick on or something.

"Our coach is talking to Coach Washijō." Akaashi answers. "About the upcoming camp."

"That's right!" Bokuto's eyes light up. "Are you coming to that? It's the first year that they're allowing girls!"

"I'm not sure, I have to talk about it with my team." I shrug. I don't have the heart to tell them no.

"Boys!"

We all turn to see Takeyuki Yamiji. The coach of Fukurōdani.

"Got to go." Bokuto messes with my hair, my blood still visible on his sleeve.

Akaashi waves and follows, but Bokuto turns around last minute. "I hope you come." He gives me a smile and wave before he's dragged along by Akaashi.

Suddenly, a little part of me wants to go to the camp...