t h i r t y

"Dad? What are you doing here?" My heart beats so fast, I feel like my legs are going to give out any second now.

"My job gave me a couple weeks off, I thought I'd spend it here." He smiles. I can't believe the audacity he has coming here and smiling like we're a big happy family.

"Sara and her mom planned the whole thing!" My mom adds. My eyes shoot to Sara who looks way too interested in the pillow.

Mrs. Sato shakes her head. "It was all Sara! She was going on and on about how Y/N hasn't been the happiest so she came up with this plan!"

"It wasn't like that." Sara says picking at the pillow.

"Oh." Is all I can manage to say. My legs still feel wobbly from beaneath me.

"Well?" My dad says. "Aren't you going to give your old man a hug?"

I stare at him blankly. Is he serious? He left me and now he expects me to just be okay with everything? That's just not happening. My headache still pounds against my head and I cringe from the pain.

"I have a headache. I need to lay down." I turn around and stomp away all the way to my room. I distantly hear my mom saying that I'm in shock and I hear Sara's mom say that she's never seen me so happy. Is she crazy? I'm most certainly not happy.

I hear a knock at my door a couple minutes later.

"Come in." I say. I prepare myself for my dad, but instead I see Sara. "You knocked?" I almost laugh but realize I can't laugh with her anymore. She hands me a cup of water for my headache.

"You spent the night at Oikawa's?"

"Yeah." I reply sitting against my bed frame. "You got my dad to come here?"

"Yeah." She plays with her fingers the way she does when she's nervous. "Did you guys do anything?"

"Not really." I respond playing with my cup. But I don't see how it's any of her business if something did happen. "Why did you get my dad to come?"

"You barely talked about him. You seemed like you were missing him in your own way." She tells me. "Why did you go to Oikawa's?"

"I didn't want to be home alone."

"Oh."

"Yeah,"

"Well, I should get home. Talk to your dad." She says before walking out quickly. I don't even have time to respond.

I sigh and put the water on my side table. I quickly get out my phone. Sara and I can't talk like we used to so there's only one person that will understand what I'm going through.

I quickly text.

i need you. can you come over?

i'm on my way