b o k u t o

A/N - You get to choose who you end up with. This is Bokuto's ending. Go back for Oikawa or read ahead for Ushijima.

My decision was quite easy. I just had to think of the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I know I'm young, but I already know who it is.

Bokuto was the obvious choice.

I quickly text him to meet me at my house and I rush to get dressed in the first things I find. When I finally deem myself fit enough for people to see, I open my front door to leave and see Bokuto standing there. His hand in the air about to knock.

"Woah! How'd you get here so fast?" I ask surprised. I walk out and close the door behind me.

"I was already on my way when I got your text." He smiles brightly and points behind him to Sara's house. "Sara asked Akaashi to come."

I'm so happy for Sara. Akaashi is so perfect for her. I knew it from day one.

I take a second to take in Bokuto, his hair down and wet, he probably got out of the shower recently. He smells amazing. His eyes are glowing. He looks incredible. As usual.

He shifts on his feet. "I'm glad you texted though, I wanted to say something but I didn't want y-"

"I love you too!"

Oh no. Did I just blurt that out?

"You what?" He stares at me wide-eyed.

"I didn't mean for that to come out like that."

He stares at me still. "You love me?"

I nod my head. "I know you think there are better people for me, but honestly you could do a whole lot better. You're funny, and kind, and you would give up volleyball for me. I don't think you understand what that means."

He stares at me with disbelief still.

I continue, "Bokuto, from the first moment I saw you, you have done everything for me. I mean you made me laugh whenever I was feeling down. You wiped my blood with your own sleeve. You are so crazy, sometimes I can barely keep up. But you make me feel adventurous. You make me want to go above and beyond. The past month with you has been amazing. You let me help you practice when you could've easily gotten someone better. It's the small things that matter and you prove that to me time and time again."

He makes me laugh and that's so important. I can be so uptight, but with him I feel like I can let loose. He gives me balance and I love that. I don't want to lose that. I can't.

"You love me?" He repeats, this time in a more triumphant voice. He turns to the people walking on the sidewalk, "DO YOU GUYS HEAR THAT?! SHE LOVES ME!"

My cheeks flame up, but I can't help but laugh. He picks me up in less than a second and spins me around.

"Wait," I say inbetween laughs. "I hope you know you don't actually have to give up volleyball."

He sets me down, his arms still wrapped around me. "Really?"

"Yeah, I know you love it, and I mean, who else will I cheer on? You're gonna be the number one ace in the nation, right?" I scrunch my nose and his eyes glow.