t h i r t y t h r e e

It's been three days since my dad surprised me. Ushijima's been great. He comes whenever I need him.

Oikawa's been less of a pain too. He lets me sleepover at his house, or he sleeps at mine. Nothing happens between us. He says I wouldn't be able to handle it, I don't need to speak fluent in Oikawa to know that has a double meaning. I just can't figure it out yet.

Bokuto's been ignoring me or something. He hasn't texted me at all since we left camp. I've texted a few times, and tried calling. But no answer.

It sucks.

I didn't think he'd be the type to ghost me.

I usually distract myself from Bokuto by realizing how unbearable my parents are. They keep inviting Sara over as if that's gonna fix our argument — even though the more I think of it, the more I can't remember what our argument was even about. I mean maybe it had something to do with her thinking she's all that. I'm not exactly sure. I just know I'm irritated still.

It's now friday. It's when I get to see Ushijima for our date. The thought of today has kept me going strong these past few days.

"You look dressed up," My dad comments eyeing my outfit as I walk to the kitchen.

"No more than usual." I lie. I'm wearing a dress. It's not a dressy dress. But it's still a dress. And I never wear dresses. I just thought Ushijima deserved the best even if it makes me uncomfortable.

I fill up a glass of water and the doorbell rings at seven just like he said he would.

"I'll get it." My dad calls to me. And a few seconds later he calls to me again, "I think you have company."

I walk into the living room, but I'm surprised by who I see. It's not Ushijima.

"Oikawa? Iwa? What are you guys doing here?"

"We were bored and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out." Oikawa eyes me up and down.

Iwa does the same. "Going somewhere?"

"Yeah," My dad agrees. "Going somewhere?"

"As a matter of fact, I am." I grab Oikawa by the shoulders and push him to the door. Iwa and my dad follow suite. "It was nice of you guys to stop by, but you really need to be going now."

I cannot have Oikawa see Ushijima pick me up, and I definitely can't have Ushijima seeing Oikawa here.

"Why are you rushing me out?" Oikawa asks teasingly at the door. "Are you hiding something?"

"What? No!" I shake my head dramatically. I see my dad a few feet away leaning against the wall. I bet he enjoys watching me squirm.

Knock Knock.

I blink at the door unable to move.

"Aren't you going to get that?" Iwa asks. I don't answer. I just stare at the door.

Please, please, please don't be Ushijima.

"I'll get it." My dad says opening the door.

"I'm here for, Y/N." Ushijima says and I rub my forehead. Oh no.

Oikawa glances to me and smiles widely. "Sneaky, sneaky girl, aren't you?"

"You have more company, Y/N." My dad tells me over his shoulder. He opens the door wider to let Ushijima in.

When he steps in he looks to me, Oikawa, and Iwa. His eyebrows furrow. I see Tendou following behind him.

"I'm here to see Sara." Tendou says, but he quickly notices everyone. Iwa scoffs at him.

"I'm sorry," Ushijima glances to his phone. "Did I get the time wrong?"

"No, Oikawa and Iwa were just leaving." I assure him.

"Were we? I think I'm going to stay a little longer." He shrugs.

"No, no you aren't. You have to go home." I remind him.

"No, I don't think I do." He smiles and looks to Ushijima. "So, what are you doing here?"

His face turns bright red but he doesn't make any other facial expressions. "Y/N and I have plans."

"Plans, you say?" Oikawa asks.

What type of plans?" Iwa tilts his head. I glance to my dad who looks like he's enjoying this still.

"They're going on a date." Tendou says with a mischievous smile. "The idea guy planned it all!"

"Who's the idea guy?" Iwa raises an eyebrow.

"Me! I'm the idea guy!" He yells.

My mom waltzes in the room. "Did someone say a date?" She asks and takes in the scene. "Wait, what's going on here?"

"What is going on?" Oikawa asks.

"I'd like to know that too." My dad adds.

"I don't really care what's going on, but it is entertaining." Iwa shrugs.

"I agree." Tendou says bouncing on his toes.

I throw my hands through my hair. "Nothing is going on, can everyone just leave?" Ushijima starts walking but I grab his hand. "Not you! You stay!"

He blinks and stands still.

Immediately the doorbell rings. My dad looks to me. "Expecting more company?"

"No," I fold my arms.

My dad opens the door and I hear low whispers. "It's for you. Again."

He opens the door wider and I gasp at who I see.

"Bokuto?!"

"Hey, hey, hey!"