t w e n t y s e v e n

I woke up from someone poking me. I open my eyes and see Tendou's red hair.

"Don't touch me." I push his hands and rub my eyes. I try to get up but realize why I'm so warm. Ushijima is holding me to him.

"It's time to get up." Tendou whispers in a teasing voice. "I'll wake up Wakatoshi. You just be a good little girl and go home." He pats my head and I swat his hand away again.

I maneuver myself out of Ushijima's hands and immediately miss the warmth he provided for me.

"You guys look so cute," Uemura says, turning around from the seat infront of us.

"The cutest couple." Tendou adds.

I don't respond. I just grab my bags and leave the bus before I can be embarrassed anymore. Sadly, Sara hasn't left yet. She grabs her bags from the pile at the same time I do and we end up leaving together. Coach said we'd talk later on, he was too tired to do much of anything else.

The walk home was long, only because I didn't have Sara babbling on and on about nothing in particular. I had her on the other side of the street, silent. I almost feel the urge to run and escape the deafening silence.

The second I get home I notice the lights are off. That's right, my mom's not home. A weird loneliness creeps in my stomach. I really don't want to be by myself tonight. I'm even desperate enough to turn around and ask Sara if I can spend the night at her house. But before I can, I hear the voice I hear every single day waiting for me.

"For all the bragging it does, I suspected Shiratorizawa to atleast afford fast buses." Oikawa teases, but I notice his bag around his shoulder.

"Oh yeah? When did you arrive?"

"Awhile ago," He answers smugly.

"When exactly is awhile? Two minutes ago?"

He rolls his eyes and smiles. "You think you're so smart, don't you?"

"As a matter of fact, I do." I shrug and turn back to see if Sara is still there. She's not.

"I see you and Sara still aren't on speaking terms."

"I see you still won't mind your own business."

"Yes, well. It's hard to mind my business when it comes to you." He pauses. "Because you're my neighbor. You know, I see everything."

"You're obsessed with me. Admit it." I tease him with a little nose scrunch.

He gasps mockingly. "How did you ever find out?! I thought I was being careful!" He rolls his eyes and smirks. "Get over yourself. If anyone is obsessed with anyone, it's you obsessed with me."

"Now look who needs to get over himself."

My eyes find my house again and the turned off lights haunt me.

"Do you want to hang out at my house for a little? It's only five. Maybe your mom will get back before you leave."

I know she won't. But I really don't want to be alone right now. "Alright. Only for a little."

-

It's been almost three years since I've been in here, but Oikawa's room is exactly like I last saw it. The wall of books, the desk with even more books, a lamp, and a computer where he no doubt watches volleyball games. His school clothes hang up on a hook in the corner. I don't have time to notice anything else because he's grabbing my bag and throwing it to the side.

"Don't throw my bag!"

"Sorry, didn't know you had glass in there." He says sarcastically and I roll my eyes.

"I'm rethinking our little hangout."

He throws his hands on my shoulder and guides me out of his room, back to the living room.

"Where's your family?"

"Should be home any minute."

"So it's just you and me right now? Great." Now it's my turn to be sarcastic.

As usual, he ignores my comment. "I'll get you something to drink. Stay here." He turns to the kitchen but I follow him anyway.

"I haven't been in here in so long."

"I know," He replies. I watch him grab two glasses and pour some water in them.

"I'm hungry too." I say propping myself up on the counter.

"By all means, get some food." He points dramatically to the cabinets.

I shake my head quickly. "My mother taught me manners and not to grab food from people's cabinets."

"My mom taught me manners too. Mi casa is you casa."

"I don't think you said that right."

"Of course I did." He waves me off. "Get whatever you want and come to the living room."

I decide to get milk bread because I know Oikawa is in love with that. I don't know why I want to see him happy, I just do. Well a little part of me does, the other part of me is still annoyed at the mere thought of him.

Back in the living room, his eyes light up when he sees the milk bread and we end up watching a movie. — he decided to be a gentleman for once and let me pick the movie. I picked a rom-com just to bother him. His dad gets home in the first five minutes of the movie, and his mom fifteen after that. His sister came with her son, Takeru. Takeru had wanted to see Oikawa. They all sat and watched with us and part of me wished I picked more of an action packed movie. But it was a really nice feeling anyway, being surrounded by a lot of people.

In fact, the couch wasn't even big enough to fit everyone. Most of them sat on the sofa while Oikawa, Takeru, and I sat on the floor. I've never had to sit on the floor before. After my dad left, it was only me and my mom and sometimes Sara. I think I like sitting on the floor though.

During the movie, I spot Oikawa having too much fun. He would even shush anyone who talked. I never knew he was such a rom-com nerd. It's kind of cute.

Kind of.

After the movie, Takeru begs Oikawa to practice volleyball with him. Oikawa agrees because, well, when has he ever turned down a chance to play the game he loves?

"Y/N, are you playing too?" Takeru asks when we get outside, his eyes light up in the same way Oikawa's did when he saw the milk bread.

"No, no. I'm just here to watch."

"She's playing." Oikawa says to him and turns to me. "I recall you learning how to set at camp. Now you can really practice."

My cheeks flame when I remember that day. Our kiss.

Oikawa winks. "Let's go, Y/N."

I sigh and walk over to the volleyball net tied between two trees. Here goes nothing.