t w e n t y n i n e

I wake up the next morning with a heavy headache and thirty missed calls from my mother. Sara called and texted me once and I even have a missed call from my dad.

My heart races as I answer the next call from my mom.

"Hello? Mom?" I whisper, making sure Oikawa doesn't wake up. His hand is draped loosely along my bare stomach and I quickly look for his shirt I had on before everything happened.

"Y/N! Where are you?!"

"At a... friends house. Why? What's going on? Why did dad call me?" I say calmly. I find the shirt and throw it on myself.

"You didn't come home last night." She says simply.

"I didn't want to be home alone. I told you, I'm at a friends. I can be home in two minutes."

"What friend? It's not Sara's."

"I'm at Oikawa's next door."

I can hear my moms voice change. "Oh my gosh! Are you guys together now?"

"No! I slept in the guest room." It's not a lie. I am sleeping in the guest room; Oikawa just happens to be here too.

"Well hurry home! I told you about my surprise!"

"Okay, I'll be there in a minute." I say and hang up the phone. I slowly make my way out of the bed and tip toe out of the room, through the hall, to Oikawa's room. I change into one of his hoodies because there is no way I'm going home looking like a dumpster threw up on me.

I grab my phone and see Sara's message from earlier.

where are you???? your mom is going crazy.

just called her. she's fine now.

ok

I sigh at how awkward the fifteen word conversation was. It was never like that with Sara. We talked for hours and hours and every word is full of pure laughter. I really took the small things for granted.

My heart races texting her the same way it does when I text my dad. I suppose in a way Sara was the only family I had for so long. I hate how easily that shattered. But it was bound to happen at some point. People just like leaving my life.

"Leaving without saying goodbye? That's not very ladylike, is it?" I hear from the door. I put my phone in my pocket and see Oikawa leaning against the doorframe. "And stealing my sweatshirt? You're on a role."

"It's not stealing. I'll give it back." I swing my bags along my shoulder and start walking towards him.

"Said no girl, ever."

I walk past him and shrug. "I'm just different."

"Only 'cause you're more annoying than the rest."

"That's not what I heard last night." I tease him as we walk to his front door.

"Well if you stay, I could show you a little more than what I did last night."

I know he's teasing, but my cheeks heat up anyway. Stupid, stupid cheeks.

I smile and roll my eyes. "I'll text you later."

"Will you?"

"Probably not," I shrug.

"That's what I thought." He opens the front door for me. "Goodbye, Y/N. I'll see you later."

"Bye, Kawa."

I walk the short distance to my house next to his and open the front door.

"Mom! I'm here!"

She pops her head out from the living room. "Come in! Come in!"

I throw my bags on the floor and walk toward her. "Hey, Dad called me. Make sure you tell him I'm not kidnapped or anything."

"You can tell him yourself." She grins.

"No, you're the one who called him all worried about me. You do it."

She smiles even wider when I walk into the living room. "Surprise!"

I stare at her for a moment, confused. Until I look to my left and see three people standing there. Sara, her mom, and... I gasp. Loudly.

"Dad?"