Chapter 32

Dimitri

The next morning I walked into the office earlier than the regular.
The lobby was almost full as the employees waited to get into the elevator.
As soon as I walked in the chattering died down.
My shoes made a clicking sound hitting the floor with each step, reflecting my power and authority.
No one moved a muscle but stood where they were fixing their gaze at me.

"For the past couple of days, I have got to hear a lot of things regarding your interest in my personal life, so let me clear all the rumors and misconceptions for all of you today.

" Yes, I am dating Ms. April Adams."
A murmur could be heard.

"I have heard a lot of words going In behind my back and there is absolutely no reason to think any of those are unheard by me."
I turned towards the girls on my left whom I heard bad-mouthing about April the other day.

"If I hear any of my employees to spread any rumor regarding me or my personal life it would not take me a minute to fire you from the company.
I prefer to keep my personal and professional life separated and I hope my employees would keep that in mind and respect my words."

With my final words, I stepped towards the elevator.

I stopped in midway.
"You, meet me at my office now."

I walked into my office and put my phone down. I started unbuttoning my coat when the door was knocked.

"May I come in?"

"Come on in."

"Have a seat." The guy took his seat.

"Lucas right?"

"Yes." He looked up to me.

"Lucas I have something to tell you. I don't know what you said to April, but I think I know what it was regarding."

"As you heard me earlier that I am dating her.
Though I have been a complete asshole to her she still gave me a chance to be with her, and I consider myself the luckiest man alive for that. I don't know what you have heard about her that made you act like that but your actions have hurt her deeply."

I bent down placing my hand on the desk.

"I wouldn't have wasted my time and energy on you but fire you right away but I won't because she consider you as her friend and hurting her would be the last thing on earth that I would do to her. So I hope you'll make your future choices based on the person you know and not the words you heard about them from total strangers."

Lucas didn't utter a word but sat down his head hung low.

April

I walked into the office with my headphones on, checking my emails. Walking towards the elevator goosebumps pricked up on my skin as I felt a strong glare on me.
I looked up to see two girls looking in my direction.
As soon as our eyes met their face brighten up with a smile. Though they tried their best but the bitterness hidden behind that smile couldn't be covered.

"Good Morning, you are looking really pretty today."

"Th-thank you." I gave a quick smile and walked past them.

For the past couple of days, I have been getting a lot more attention but today was different.
Usually, it was always whispers or laughter behind my back but today at least 5 people wished me good morning on my way towards the elevator.
All the known and unknown faces around me were there to offer me a smile.

I walked into his office thinking about the weird things going on. I opened the door and bumped straight into a hard chest.

"Oww."