Chapter 1

"Sir you have a meeting with the Miller's today and also it's your parent's anniversary so you have to attend the dinner party tonight."

yeah sure, I remember.

"Uhm.. Sir your father called, he wanted to know the details about the internship program."

Yeah, I'll take care of that.

"So the deal is final."

Thank you, Mr. Miller, it's a pleasure doing business with you.

"Oh, Dimitri, the pleasure is all mine."

That went well.

* Message notification*

[ Mom]
I know you are busy but don't be late tonight. I will wait for you. Love you son.

A small smile came to his face. Which is a rare sight to see. Even his closed one has barely seen him smiling.
He checked the time 7:35 pm, closed the laptop, popped his phone in his trouser pocket, and looked over at the gift bag lying on the table.

She is going to love it.

The elevator door opened and he came face to face with the receptionist smiling showing her teeth.

What is she so happy about?

He doesn't recall a single day when he hasn't seen her smiling.
But she is efficient in her work and that's all that matters to him.

He didn't even glance at her and started walking.

"wait, bro."

I know that voice too well.

"What are you doing here?
How many times I have told you not to come here unless you have some work? " I glanced at David coldly.

David my younger brother.

" For your information, I came here for some actual work."

"And what was that?" I said sternly.

"Dad's work."

I gave him a cold stare knowing it was a complete lie, he was hanging out with his friends as usual.

" come on now let's go we are getting late. I have been waiting so long I got hungry, come on!"

We get on my Mercedes and start the engine.

"Why were you waiting for me you should have gone already?"

" I wanted to spend some time with you all you do is work all day, you don't even come home, you know mom is always worried about you, you should visit often."

By the way, do you know what happened today........

And here it comes

David, you speak way too much.

He keeps on babbling useless things and showing me some pictures that he clicked.

He may be dumb in his studies but he is a good photographer.

I have to admit some of his photos are good.

" Dude lookout...."

Shit.....

The car come to a sudden halt with a loud squeal.

What the fuck is wrong with you, are you fucking blind?

Don't you know how to cross a road?

I opened the car in a hurry and rushed out shouting for being so irresponsible.