Chapter 2

"Dimitri."

Dad, what are you doing here?

"I was here for some work. Is everything well in here?"

Yeah, everything is fine.

"Uhm.. so umm... how did you enjoy the party yesterday?"

So that is the real reason you are here? I said looking sternly at my dad.

" No...no... of course not you left without letting us know so I just wanted to check if everything was all right."

Everything is fine, it was late at night when I left so I just didn't want to bother you, and yeah I did enjoy the party and I talked to Delilah but don't expect anything because I am not focusing on that right now.

"That's okay no hurry son" my father laughed.

Oh, what kind of thoughts are running on your head.

" Anyway, talking about work what about the internship program plan we talked about?"

We have selected some top colleges and we'll do a seminar there and select some students for the internship for a month and based on the performance we'll offer them a job.

"That sound's good bring the papers to me when everything's ready and we'll get start with it."

Okay dad, I'll look into the papers.

" I'll get going now then."

"Attention students"

"To all the final year students we are very excited to inform you that our college is organizing an internship program for you all with better opportunities this time.

A lot of new great companies will be participating in the program this year.

We encourage you all to participate and make this program successful. Contact the office for registration and more details. Thank you"

"Have you heard all the big companies coming this year? Have you seen these guys? Damn they are hot." one of the girls in my class said

"I bet they are. I mean look at them aren't they delicious."

what is wrong with them? eww, I thought to myself.

It's a good opportunity I wish I could get a job, half of my problems would be solved then.

Do you really think you can get it? Come on I mean look at you.

Yeah right.

let's just give it a shot, there's no harm in that right?

I thought to myself and headed towards the office.

Okay, you can do this.

ex..ex-cuse me, uhm .... I- I am here for the uhm... the registration.

"Fill this form and submit"

Okay, that was easy.

I filled out the registration form and submitted it to the office and went back to my class.

"As you have all listened to the announcement earlier about the internship, I want every one of you to participate. It will be a one-month internship if selected and then you can get a permanent job as well." said our professor.

" The seminar will be next week you can select the company where you want to apply to give the interview and get selected." and with that our professor left the class.

Everyone started talking about where they want to apply, what they will wear but all I knew was this is my only chance and I have to get a job at any cost. But how?