Chapter 21

April

A yawn escaped my mouth and I squinted my eyes trying to adjust in the darkness.

A faint moonlight hitting the floor creating a peaceful ambiance.

I sat up on my bed.

That was a good nap.

The phone buzzed with a notification tune.

I reach out to the side table and grabbed my phone.

1: 45 AM

A text from Mr. Martínez.

Why is he texting me so late?

Is everything alright?

I quickly opened the message.

[Mr. Martínez] See you in the office tomorrow, Good night. :)

An unknowing smile formed on my lips.

The events from the afternoon came back to me.

A slow grumble came out of my stomach.

I got up from my bed and slowly walked towards the kitchen.

I heated the leftover pasta and sat down on the table and took a big bite.

Yummy.

My eyes averted to the chair next to me were some hours ago Mr. Martínez sat and immediately I could feel his warm hug wrapping me like a warm, cozy blanket.

I would be lying if I said I didn’t like the feeling of being hugged for the first time.

But it’s wrong. He is my boss and he shouldn’t be hugging me.

But then why does it feel right and so calming?

I don’t know what is right or what is wrong at the moment but one thing I know for sure is that I won’t reject the opportunity of getting his warm hug again.

Wait now that I think about it how did I end up in my room and when did he leave?

The thought made me squint my eyes.

I quickly took the last few bites of the pasta.

I went back to my room lay down on my bed looking outside of the window as the moonlight washed over my body.

And before I knew I fall asleep again counting the stars.

*The next day*

I walked into the office and passed a warm smile to the receptionist lady.

As I got close to the office my heartbeat increases with every step I took.

A mixture of anxiety and excitement rushed through my body.

I closed my eyes shut, took a deep breath, and slowly opened the door to enter.

I slowly look up expecting to see Mr. Martínez seated on his chair checking his email’s on his laptop and sipping his black coffee but rather I faced an empty chair.

I was a little disappointed to not see him but it also relaxed the tension building up inside of me.

I took a deep breath and went to my seat.

I have missed five days there must be a lot of work left.

Come on,April let’s do it.

Dimitri

I got inside my Mercedes and took a quick look at myself in the rearview mirror.

The thought of seeing April in the office made a quick smile appear on my face.