Chapter 26

Dimitri

My lips slowly parted from hers trying to suck all the sweetness off her plump lips.

I blinked trying to open my eyes.
I gently smudged the water droplets running through her cheeks and take a look at her, she stood there all red, her head hung low and eyes closed.

As I continued to stare at the beauty in front of me it felt like everything around us was going on in slow motion.

The faded traffic noise, the falling raindrops, the sound of my heartbeat, and the piano tunes ringing in my head created a calm soothing tune as I tried, with all my might to capture this moment in my heart.

“Let’s get inside or we’ll catch a cold.”

she nodded and went into the car.

Throughout the ride, she didn’t spare me a glance. Every time I looked at her she was looking at the scenery outside the window.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then?”

She nodded clutching her bag to her chest.

“Words.”

“Y-yes.” her voice was lower than a whisper.

She walked out of the car and went inside.

I kept my gaze fixed on her as she walked inside and closed the door.

The rain has slowed down a little. I sat there closing my eyes. I felt so calm and relaxed after a long time.

April

I went to my room and headed straight to the washroom. I turned on the shower and sat down in the bathtub.

I slowly closed my eyes to see the most beautiful pair of hazel eyes I have ever seen.

I could still feel his touch on my cheek, his warm breath fanning against my skin, his lips pressed against mine.
An involuntary smile spread across my face.

He kissed me.

He kissed me!

I pressed my hands on my lips.

I just had my first kiss.

But you didn’t kiss him back.

But still, it’s my first kiss.

My smile continued to grow bigger.

Okay, control yourself it was just a kiss no big deal.

Yeah right.

Oh god, I need to stop thinking about it.

I took a long bath and got into my comfy clothes.
I put on some soft music and laid down on my bed.

Staring hard at the ceiling I couldn’t help but think about the earlier events and the more I think the more I get myself strangled in a mess with no way out of it.

I had no idea what I was doing was right or wrong, whether having such feelings was right or wrong.

All I knew was for the first time in my life I felt a slight feeling of comfort and safety in his touch.

I may be wrong, maybe he is just like the others, maybe I am feeding myself this illusion because I want to accept the fact that I too deserve love and happiness.

I closed my eyes and shook my head to get rid of my thoughts.

Dimitri

8 am.