Chapter 23

April

I stood there looking at the small crowd in front of me.

Men and women nicely dressed gathered here and there. The way they carried themselves reflected their higher class and professionalism.

Two-three journalists can be spotted here and there, some were clicking pictures and some stood with huge cameras hanging on their necks.

I observed my surroundings calmly as my palms start to sweat and my heartbeat increased.

Mr. Martínez parked his car and came towards me.

“Let’s go.”

He walked ahead of me but I didn’t move a single muscle of my body. I felt like someone has stuck my feet to the ground.

He stopped and turned back noticing I wasn’t following him.

He walked back and stopped right in front of me.

He bent down a little to face me.

“What’s wrong?”

The softness in his voice immediately blurred my eyes.

I bit my lip and look down trying not to cry.

“Are you scared?” the softness was still present in his voice.

I did not reply.

What was I supposed to say that I am afraid of the crowd?

Seeing so many people is gives me an anxiety attack?

He would literally laugh at me if I say that.

“It’s okay if you feel that way. Don’t worry I’ll be there right next to you the entire time okay?”

I slowly lift up my head and nodded.

“Words,” he demanded

“O-okay.”

“Come on now let’s go.”

We walked into a huge hall area. The bright white walls were filled with beautiful photographs.

The inside was a lot silent as people pay their attention to enjoy the beautiful photos.

Mr. Martínez pulled out his phone and dialed a number probably trying to reach David.

As we stood my eyes roamed through the walls.

“Dimitri what a pleasant surprise, I did not expect to see you here.”
A man around Mr. Martínez’s age approached along with a woman next to him.

They shook their hand and gave each other a side hug.

“After a long time Mike.”

“Indeed, oh, this is my fiance Ariana, Ariana this is Dimitri, We were in the same college.”

“It’s nice to meet you Dimitri.” the woman extended her hand for a shake.

“And who’s this beautiful lady with you?” the man asked looking at me.

“ Uhm She’s my manager April.”

“Hello,” I mumbled passing a small smile.

The man passed me a bright smile “Well it’s nice to meet you April.”

“So Dimitri what are you doing here?”

As they catch up with each other I started to get bored just standing there.

I quietly sneak out to take a close look around.

I was looking through the photographs when a particular one caught my attention.