XXXV.

Training has been going so well so far and I couldn't have wished for more.

Together we were all seeing newfound progress. Not to hide the truth, I did find a difficulty at first with all the high tech weapons they came up with. Using a little of magic and some spells with some very impressive weapon structure, they were able to make weapons I never thought we even needed.

Tactics wise, we had the best team with Kara, my father, Davien, Serena, Kevin and some of his own chosen ones, and the head of the original army. I helped them with some strategies but focused more on my time on training the people and leaning their weaknesses and challenging them day in day out.

With those at hand, we also needed the battleground. We can't allow them to barge into our headquarters right away.

"They will hit the castle first things first thinking that's where all the work goes. So we move all that to somewhere else."

"And where might that be?" Paul looks at me with a quizzical and puzzled look after my probably insane idea which I only reply to with a smirk.

I look to Serena and Kara with a knowing look on my face.

I start to walk as I point to one location on the map in front of us I'm certain no one will think of.

"There's a small abandoned house right in the middle of this city with a huge underground laboratory. That way the headquarters will be safer and a plus on our side."

They all take that in for a minute thinking it through.

"That really doesn't sound like a bad idea seeing our weapon facility is also underground." It was Paul to engage in our talk with a contempt look on his face.

"But what if they come to attack the castle and find no guards and understand what's going on?" Kevin lays back in his chair with his arm crossed in front of his chest.

"We are going to have guards, just not real ones. With my tour down the technology department in the weapon facility, I came across some very bright and intelligent interns working on a project they called AHM program; which stands for advanced hologram mode program. I was intrigued and they explained to me that it projected real images the way holograms work, but in a more realistic way. Like actual beings."

Davien interrupts me with continuing my idea "That way the enemy would attack the castle and we would win more time to catch them off guard."

My satisfaction is confirmed by a smirk and a nod from my side.

Everyone takes that idea in contemplating the pros and cons of this plan which I am aware is hazardous and has a high risk of not working, but that's all the fun.

"For now we're going to keep that at the top of our plans, but we got to have another one just in case this one doesn't work." My father pitches what is on everyone's mind as they call an end to today's meeting.

----

I sit in my room in my mom's house, my heart heavy with all that's happening, as I look to the ceiling, a tear slips down my face and I hurry to wipe it.

Everyone expects too much from me all the time, I'm supposed to save my world, help my people, earn their trust and be a good leader.

Physical exhaustion is nothing compared to the mental weariness that creeps its way out of my heart to my whole body.

Get it together Ev- Adelynn, right. You got to stay strong for everyone, you got to give them hope, motivate them...

How am I supposed to do that when I feel like crumbling on the inside? I don't know how much longer I can keep it all in...

No, I have to.

I get up, let my hair loose and hop in the shower with the warm water hitting my cold skin, I hold in my tears. I should stay strong, for me, for Davien, for my family, for everyone. I can't break down now, not when we're achieving so much progress.

We can do this, we can. I'm sure.

I get out to find Davien sitting on the bed with a book in his hand.

My mood lightens as soon as he gives me that smile of his. There it is, my motivation, the reason I want to do better, the love of my life.

"Hey, could've called me to join in you know." Jokingly irritated is Davien as he scotches right for me to sit down.

"Can't a girl have some privacy?" I puff out a long breath drying my hair with the towel.

I sense a pull in my hands before I glance at Davien who is now in control of that task with my towel in his hands. "But you're not just any girl, you're my girl and well destiny is harsh for leaving you with that but for the time being you gotta live with it."

I let out a little chuckle feeling relieved, "I wouldn't have wanted it any other way."

----

Our plan was not that complicated, how to carry on with it however is another story.

This week has been full with meetings and extensive trainings as the new weapons are slowly being loaded into our hands, the guns being the firsts.

"I got to say, they did work well on those." Victoria preaches as we receive a load of boxes with different colors of ammo.

"How to use them, is what we should work on." I get down to read what's written on each box, and let me say shocked is an understatement.

"Can you believe this?" I turn to Davien with excitement and astonishment as we all hurry to get our hands on as much as we can to try them.

Two guys enter the training room, one's a red head and the other is a brunette, however the latter is way taller than the previous.

"H-hey guys, I'm Liam Moon, this is Austin Shepherd, we're from the weapons facility, uhm, ammunition department-" the red head starts to talk but stops as sweat has probably blocked his breathing.

Do we really look that scary?

The tall one approaches us with more confidence and a wide smile extending his arm to each of us, starting with Davien and I. "Excuse my friend, he gets a bit nervous in front of new people. As he was saying though, we are here to help you learn about the ammo we have designed back in the HQ."

Now this makes more sense.

"Glad you could make it, these really blew our minds away, we got to give it to you, it seems like you did a great job." Davien gives both of them a firm handshake as they show gratitude for our appreciation.

This is going to be epic!

----

And so, we spent the rest of the night training with Liam and Austin before we get to use them tomorrow dawn in our training sessions with the troops.

So far, we can say that the first weapons have been a success, and as we wait for the other ones, our fighting strategy is coming in place as well.

"We will have our warriors hiding as the enemy starts attacking the fake holograms by the castle, much to say we got the element of surprise." A meeting has taken place after training and finalizing things is in progress.

"The troops will be separated the way they are now, four groups and each has a leader on them. Davien, Ivan, Adelynn and Victoria, I hope you are ready because this won't be easy." Paul reminds.

"We are sure that the angels won't be participating in any of the conflicts, so the north borders are the least targeted. The vamps and witches will hit east and west where we will have the mines in the making. That should slow them a bit." Serena is one to like details that's for sure.

"We're left with vague information about the wolves and the demons, are we sure they're going to hit?" Kevin questions as we yet have no clue regarding their attack.

"The witches and the wolves can be good allies." I step in to explain. "However, from my experience Lucifer is an ally to no one, he only wants to win for his own benefit."

"Still we can't exclude anyone, we have our team equip and train for all possibilities in case of a surprise move we weren't expecting." And with that Kara tries to ease our reoccurring thoughts as we all silently pray...