XXXI.

"I get that you miraculously plan on changing everything to the last drop of water in our kingdom, but how do you expect the people to follow you and you haven't been here more than a couple of days?"

We were back at my mother's house that surprisingly fit all of us in it.

I came to terms with the fact that the other house we were in earlier was a hideout for Serena's faction and no one actually lives there.

"Look if you don't want to help me it's fine you can walk right out of the door, I'll figure this out on my own."

I couldn't let go of the way she looks at my mate like a seductress while I stand in front of her face so I bit her back with a snappy tone.

"Darling you don't see what the media is saying, you're all over the internet." I stare at her like she just read out a foreign language I have no brain cells to comprehend.

She sighs understanding that I have no idea what the hell "media" or "internet" is and pulls her device which I now know is called a phone and starts moving a text up and in between pictures of me standing behind the rails in the mall while I speak pop up.

"How did they get those pictures? And what is written here?" I give her a confused look and she goes on to explain.

"This is an article titled with 'An outsider wants to change our lives?' with the pictures that were taken of you by the people at the mall." I blink trying to take this in but still don't get it. "With their phones."

I nod and let out a voice of understanding as we continue to talk about the people's opinions.

Apparently, the people have commented on these virtual articles saying a lot of cruel stuff, things that actually hurt but I give them every right to do so.

Few comments were sweet and supportive and wanted to change the way they have been living for a long time.

"I may have just gotten here yesterday but I do know how these people think, after all I have a part of every one of them inside of me. I am part human part witch turned into a vampire nevertheless the parts of them I have because of the gem. These people are desperate for release, they want things to be better, but they won't believe me until they know they can trust me and a one-time speech won't seal the deal for sure."

"So what do you have in mind?"

I bite the side of my lip and look at the images of the "leaders" spread in front of me on the table.

"First of all, I need these out of the picture."

She widened her eyes at me, her mind clearly wandering to the worst case scenarios.

I rolled my eyes at her childish thoughts.

"No, I'm not going to kill them, I'm just going to compromise with them."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you crazy? You want to meet up with the people who have turned the lives of everyone in this kingdom into hell?"

I have arranged a dinner with the leaders of the factions tonight to talk.

"Father, I am not going alone, Davien is coming along. Besides, what's the worst thing that can happen? I won't die." I give him a smirk and go to finish dressing up.

I asked Kara for a dress and she gave me a tight black velvet long one different than my style back in my usual life but definetly one to go with my painted black nails. Styling my hair in large waves and putting on a red lipstick I grab my silver clutch and put on my silver heals and head out.