XXX.

My new family is like everything I dreamt of having for the past decades. Though our memories are scarce seeing I was taken away at ten years of age, I loved them just as much as I loved the family I lived between.

"I thought I will never see you again, oh my dear Adelynn." My mother and I have a moment together as she weeps and hugs me.

"Well I'm glad everything is fine now, even though a lot of time has passed since we were last together." I give her a reassuring smile as she caresses my face and laughs with happiness no one has ever had for seeing me.

"I hate to break your moment, but things aren't really fine, there's a lot we have to talk about, can you come with me? I need to show you something." Serena is back in the room and the feeling of jealousy hits me as I see Davien right behind her.

I give her a dry look before nodding and walking to a door under the stairs of the house.

Saying that the house is broken was an understatement seeing this small room.

"What are we supposed to be looking at." I give her my mean attitude and cross my arms over my chest.

She gives me an over the shoulder look before removing a huge box off the ground and opening a squared-like door in the floor and looks back at me with a 'happy now?' look.

"After you." She gestures with her hand for us to get down with both of her eyebrows raised upwards.

I raise one eyebrow and give her a smirk as my newfound mother, father, and sister get down beforehand.

"After you." I return her behavior with the same hand gesture and the look on her face.

She shrugged and went down, me and Davien behind.

This place has just gotten super weird, it's like we entered a whole new world from the rotten house.

The room downstairs is nothing like I have seen before with its white walls and white floor. Six silver steel metal counters with strange equipment line up the room with some distance between them enough for a race between two people.

"This is our secret lab, our faction runs tests and plans right in this room." Serena goes on speaking about their projects but all I can think about is wanting to punch her in the face.

"...our phones and laptops are connected to this screen here." I caught a glimpse of her talk and look at her dumbfounded.

"Hold up hold up, phones?" Davien stops her amidst her speech making me give him a shocked look. The hell does he care?

She takes out from her pocket the same rectangular object that were held by the people we saw earlier.

"Oh, sorry, this is a phone, we use it to communicate between each other, send pictures, videos, and to call each other." She hands it to Davien and shows him how to use it as I look and them and nod my head in disapproval.

"Anyway, look at this." She presses a couple of buttons and on a huge screen, multiple moving pictures pop up in front of us showing us horrid things.

We all stare silently at the pictures on the screen, people running from fear of something not seen or clear, bombs firing at houses for no apparent reasons, magical mists consume up people, children and grown-ups, and the void filling a lot of the lands.

"What is this?" with a confused look and knotted eyebrows I look Serena's way not having a clue about the situation.

"As I said, things are not the slightest of good. The factions in our lands have gone against each other wanting the power to themselves. Due to the absence of royalty we're facing, it has been up to the leaders of the factions to take over the council, and since they can barely get along, we are in the midst of a civil war that no one can save us from except..." she stopped talking and looked down at her feet.