XXVII.

The lands of the wolves are as ever, green and mystical. I roam around under their tall fading trees enjoying the green grass beneath me. I do envy them for having such lands, but I more understand why they are so attached to them.

Their streets are filed with loving people, exchanging greetings, mates on dates, children with their parents, they seem so connected. I didn't have the chance to see their kingdom well last time seeing it was all a blur, but holy hell does it feel amazing.

The crowd, the light, the vibe, I kind of wish I was a werewolf rather than a vampire. We have always been the ultimate rivals, never really liked one another, our riot was set to a slumber in the last several years. Actually, no kingdom has been on bad terms with another lately.

I wonder how would things have been if Davien was the alpha of these lands, that would have definetly been a show for father.

I take a walk by a river near the huts Davien and I stayed in last time, I watched as the golden rays of the sun struck the clear locks of the water and the soft sound of the passing ripples filled my ghost ears.

By the dock I see the very familiar face of Noah as he anxiously strides back and forth the edge. Someone seems in a bad mood.

As I was heading to go to somewhere else, I glance another familiar face approach Noah. It was Austin, the beta. What are they doing here together?

I stuck around to find out, and was shocked with the new information I got.

"Where the hell have you been? Do you think it is so easy to get away with this?" Noah exasperatedly lashes out at Austin while the latter seems just as pissed.

"You idiot, I was one step at making it. Do you think it is that easy to get done with this thing in the first place?" Austin finished off with stressing on the 'you'.

"If I get into trouble I swear to god Austin-"Noah takes two big steps towards Austin and had his hand a hair away from the other's throat.

"Relax brother, when I become alpha, you won't have to deal with any trouble, we just need to finish him and all will be well."

I stand a couple feet away from the pair, confused and bewildered. I don't know what's more shocking, the fact that Austin and Noah are brothers or that they're planning the assassination of freaking Xavier!

Oh goodness, shall I tell Xavier? But if I wanted to, how will I do that?

Oh I got it, I'll go up to him and say 'hey alpha, while I was a ghost I overheard your beta and future gamma are conspiring against you to assassin you.'

Yep sounds like it.

I head to the pack house to check how things have been going on there.

Not to my surprise, the annoying Daphne sits nagging at her mate Xavier for some useless issue. Why have I come here again?

"No baby he didn't mean anything obviously!" she squeals with her fake softened voice.

"He literally tried to stab me! Is that supposed to be a way to show me how much he respects me? He's going to be exiled into the abandoned lands and that's it."

As Xavier finished, Daphne gets up to leave with a wicked and angry look on her face.

The hell is going on here? Sheesh this kingdom seems more ruined that I thought it was.

I wanted to leave this land as soon as possible. As much as I want to visit the abandoned lands, I don't dare step a foot in there, or a ghost foot for that matter.