XXVI.

They say when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, right? Well what if my lemons were always rotten to the core? Every step I take seems to make things worse every time.

I figured I was now a ghost wandering, not seen or heard by anyone, so I might as well do something useful.

I had left the hospital with Davien lying over my body and headed to the lands of the demons. Maybe I became this way for a reason, maybe I had to finish something, and there is where I will start. Guess being a ghost had its perks, I could literally go anywhere right now, and at this moment I needed an explanation as to why have I become like this.

Reaching their borders, I recall Sabine's warnings about their demons, but right now, they won't even know I'm here, or so I hope.

The now-familiar light of the sky welcomes me but with a completely different scene.

Hundreds of demons covered the streets, and to my surprise, other creatures did as well; vampires, werewolves, even witches. This must be where the cross roaders are, exchanging deals for souls, taking the life of people with their light for a little period of time of happiness and advantage.

A thought ticks in my head, Lucifer is a demon which means he has those urges just like every other demon does.

I move around and watch as multiple creatures exchange deal, demons appearing and disappearing, some with horns and others without, some go on fire while others have black eyes, I watch as screams leave the bodies of the non-demons and regret etched on the faces of the lonely.

Those cunning creatures, how did he know that I had part of the flower inside of me? How did he link me to it?

I keep moving and see another light line on the ground, like the one I saw between the land of the incubi and whatever other land Sabine took me to.

The lands are empty, nothing, like a no-man's land kind of empty. I wonder what is in here.

I keep thinking, if Lucifer by any chance knew I was linked to it, why did he want me dead? He knew that when the flower dies, so will I. Maybe it's time to meet the old man, or demon whatever.

From a long distance I see a large building with people standing outside and others going inside. Music flashes with bright lights from inside giving me the guess that it is a club and by the scene of it, these demons seem to be the ones without real jobs to do.

Continuing on, I remembered that Lucifer lived in a dungeon, meaning he probably lived underground, I just have to know where.

In front of me where two demons heading to a circle like the one Sabine stood in, and in less than a second they were gone. I squinted my eyes and stood inside of it, waiting for something to happen, but nothing did.

About to give up, I was drawn into somewhere else, into an abyss of darkness and unexplainable mess.

I open my eyes to see rivers of fire, desiccated bodies, and spirits floating above me.

This is where he lives? That guy has issues.

I wander around not knowing where in hell am I going. Touché.

The light seems to hate this place and has abandoned it for as long as it has been found, the aura it holds reeks with rottenness, fire, horror, and death.

The sight of it gives me the chills, it's like a whole new world is stretched out in front of me. I spot the numerous mountains of ash with dead bodies stuck on their slopes, their screams fill my head making my ears bleed with agony.

The sight of all that death and the melancholic melody that filled the place made me want to die and not tolerate that pain.

Alas, I come across a black mansion at the top of the highest mountain, it stands tall and dark sending out an eerie vibe to whoever looks at it. It clearly screams Lucifer.