XXXIV.

If you meant to tell me that in a matter of hours things would change I wouldn't have believed it.

I didn't expect anything good, but I didn't expect to see half a dozen people at my door with flowers and chocolate. Where are the pitch forks? The fire? This was too...peaceful.

'Relax baby they don't have to hide ulterior motives.' Davien had assured me secretly sensing my worry.

I put a smile on my face and invite them in.

"Welcome, we are so excited to see you all and equally honored, please do come in."

With a straight face they accept our invitation to come in.

Davien and I exchange glances before going in to the dining room.

The table was stretched out for kings, but then again we are in a castle. It keeps leaving my mind.

Serena's friend really did a great job, maybe we should hire her as the royal cook. Now I'm just mentally stalling, who would have thought I'd be this nervous in my life?

Davien sensed my nervousness and puts his hand around my waist leading me to my seat to the right of his. He takes his seat at the head of the table as father takes the other end. Serena, Kayden, Caspian, Kara and my mother are seated to my right while Kevin and his people sit right in front of us to Davien's left.

Caspian decided to join us last minute and try compensating with the rioters. It was kind of a shock for all of us as well but the more help we get the better.

The night started out quieter than I imagined; everyone ate in silence, but that was rather a harder task for the rioters sitting in front of us.

Caspian decided to break the silence that has been eating up the atmosphere.

"I understand your stance against giving up the life you've been used to for decades now, but desperate times call for desperate measures."

"You have no right to talk out, you sold us all for your own benefit." One of Kevin's companions rashes out at Caspian clearly not liking the conversation so far.

I take lead to talk before things get too out of hand.

"Gentlemen, please I beg your cooperation. As you see sir..?" I pause to take his name.

After a moment of hesitation he straightens his posture and replies "Paul."

"Sir Paul, if you would give me a couple of minutes of your time to explain why we took this unexpected step considering the ruling? You may not know this but, the other kingdoms are waging a war against you and with your differences and separation, they would defeat you in a heartbeat. I know we didn't meet on the right pages either and I have really left these lands long ago, but they are my home, and I want to fight this war with you, all of you. We want to train you to be able to stand in their faces, they sure seem indestructible, but with all the knowledge and power these lands have and with our war experiences, we can beat them."

"And how do you think that is possible?" It was Kevin's turn to question me. I hope their curiosity is them starting to accept us, or at least thinking about it.

"You got the technology, we got their weaknesses, together we can make the most lethal weapon against them." My father took it on him to explain a way we could use their help with in preparing for the war.

Kara takes the other shift and says, "Aside from that, Adelynn and Davien are trained warriors, both head of armies themselves, and our kingdom lacks such abilities and fighting skills of their own."

"Are you saying we're not good enough? We're not strong enough? Well guess what we can take them all in a matter of seconds." Another lady talks out from Kevin's companions.