XVI.

We lay staring at the area around us in silence, his arms around me and my head on his chest.

"This is probably the most special time I've ever been here you know. It's always just me and my thoughts actually." Davien runs his fingers along my arm as he stays looking up at the top of this beautiful cave.

"What do you think about?" My question comes abrupt and Davien suddenly stops his soothing movement.

But after a second he continues saying,

"A lot of things, like what am I, where did I actually come from, who are my parents, who am I...it's all so wrecking and I just feel there is no one in the whole world that will ever understand the agony of waking up every day having absolutely no idea of what does the universe really rotate around because it sure as hell is not me." As he talk my eyes widen at him in wonder just realizing how little do I actually know about him, his pain, and his past.

I couldn't but let my heart feel for him and with him. Faith has played well this time, I never believed I'd find someone so similar yet so different to what I am at the same time. It's surreal, and I find myself smiling widely from deep down.

"What is it?"

My gaze moves back and forth between both his eyes while they glint under the light of the cave and shimmer with the life of the water beside us.

I let out a small laugh resonating around us, and spreading the joy to reach the bottom of my essence.

"I only find true happiness in your smile, I've never heard a more beautiful sound in the whole world." He proceeds to making me feel lighthearted and utterly satisfied.

"You never seize to make me speechless do you?" I finally find my voice out of the darkness and let it out into the void.

"Well Miss Fangs I do enjoy that actually." He gives me that smirk of his not failing to make me melt inside out.

"What power do you have over me, huh?" I raise an eyebrow sky high sitting straight right now.

"Hmm let me think, since I'm no known creature so I'm firmly going to say it's only my charm apparently." He lets out a heartfelt laugh as his eyes sparkle in mine.

"We're going to figure this out, together."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later that evening, we make it to the castle just before dinner was served.

It was quite the hectic day, but worth it all. I was introduced to another side of Davien, and that alone is a journey to me.

We roamed the kingdom, explored its magnificence, and that left me in awe of all the beauty of the world. I feel ecstatic with all those foreign sites that would never be found in our kingdom.

I was meant to let go of everything, but this trip just surfaced more questions to my never-stopping mind.

Guess I'm adding "figuring out what Davien really is" to my to-do list.

But most importantly, I need to go to Angel Alexander to figure out this gem issue, and quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, how are you today?" Davien catches up with me at the threshold of the castle.

For today, I have crazy plans, but I do need Davien's help.

"If I told you what I am up to, would you still stick with me? Aside from the wall issue, I'll leave that for Merlin right now, but I have something else to do. It may be a little crazy but hear me out." I turn to him with wide eyes and a smile on my face holding both his hands in mine.