VIII.

I woke up with a jolt after the dream I had yesterday.

An eerie feeling spread all throughout my body. Rarely did I have any dreams, and if it did happen it would hold an important message. But this time, I couldn't place what was the moral behind it.

Discarding that thought away, I headed down into the dining room. The rooms here were so different than the ones back home. Their walls were colorful; drawings and paintings covered the ceilings and corners, the stairs led randomly to a different floor you didn't know about. I went up to the left stairs making my way to have breakfast with Merlin. I guess we have to discuss his issue today and something tells me there's more to this than we know.

"Good Morning King Merlin." I gave a bow as I neared Merlin's seat.

"Evelyne yes I was just thinking about you." Merlin cheers before taking a sip of his drink. "We still have to discuss our issue. I guess you've rested well, haven't you? "Merlin genuinely asked me leaning a bit on the table.

"Uhh yes, you can say that." I gave him a small nod and went back to my food.

"Great then I'll meet you in my office after breakfast."

————
Moving on, breakfast went off too quickly, and Davien was nowhere to be seen.

I spent almost an hour or so in Merlin's office addressing the problem they were facing and how can we solve it. Turns out their problem wasn't actually the presence of humans rather than the occupation of a wall made of some metal we couldn't place yet that was weakening down their magic located along the borders of their lands.

"I'll send searching parties to investigate more about this wall and how does it work and what is it made of." Merlin folded up his work using his magic to clean up the papers.

I honestly had no energy to do any of the things we planned to do, but this was my job and I had to do it, at least for my dad. I wanted to make him proud of me just once...

Dad wasn't the type of guy to be gentle and caring when it came to anything. He would only shout and get all worked up. He never showed us any attention or care or sentiment to show how he felt. That's mainly why Jace gave up his throne title bug explained it to dad in another way. He was the only one who knew how I felt because he always tried to please him so that he would praise him, but dad never did.

And now came my turn to try and show him that I am worthy of the throne, that I am indeed more than he thought of me, that I can handle a kingdom. I always try to achieve more than he asked, but I'm always met with a rude cold answer.

Sighing and having no other choice, I had to get this job done. "Sure, we'll meet up after you have your data collected, see you soon."

I gave Merlin a small nod before leaving his meeting room and heading outside.

It was a bit cloudy today but despite that, the sun shone brightly. I didn't feel as weak as I did the first time I got here so I'm guessing I can survive half an hour out here.

I crossed my hands over my chest as I stared in front of me, savoring the beauty of nature. The green grass glistened under the soft rays dangling from the sun. The birds fluttered and softy cuddled the leaves and branches of tall green trees.

I closed my eyes taking in their soft whistles and let my ears and senses bathe in the harmony of everything surrounding me; the way the wind rustled against the tree leaves, the way the birds sang their happy spring melody, the way both sounds mixed together. It was magnificent.

I breathed in the earthy scent that surrounded me and smiled to myself as I remembered Davien. I took in long gulps of air as I relaxed in the arms of a calm budding breeze.

I started wishing that Davien would be here right now, wrapping me in his arms and making me feel safe.

And as if he read my mind, his strong hands wrapped around my torso from behind and his head rested on my left shoulder blade.

Content but a bit confused, I turned around to face him, his hands now resting on my waist. "What are you doing here?"

"I just saw you here and felt like gazing at something very beautiful."

"Well, it is very beautiful today." I started looking behind me at the view I was admiring. He gave me his signature smirk as he lifted one of his hands to move my head back to face him.

"I don't care, I was talking about you." he leaned in whispering in my ear as my breath hitched in my throat.

I felt a tinge of a blush creep its way up my face.

"That's sweet of you." Out of words I tried to blurt out something.

I wasn't ready yet to go further than all this with him. As he neared my face to kiss me, I initiated and gave him a peck on the cheek and going back.

"I'll see you soon yeah? Take care" I gave him a small smile and went back to my room