XXIII.

"King Alexander, I guess this is our departure. Thank you for your kind hospitality, but be sure I'll come back to take my powers back. Farewell, for now." I give the angel a final bow and await to be transported back to the land of the witches.

Before I leave, I turn to Davien to see him standing tall, confident, alpha, like he's supposed to be.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" With a look full of admiration and concern, Davien places both his hands on either side of my face as I soften in his touch.

Damn the effect he has on me, it's surreal.

"Well you can say that, the witches won't eat me for sure. And besides, we're one step at finishing all of this. Maybe this way we'll finally figure out the human's ulterior motives." I shrug and give him a wide smile.

"So what would you like me to call you? Cuz am not sure anymore." and that was enough to make my worries go away, my thoughts to wander away, and a laugh to erupt from both of us.

He makes me forget all the worries in the world, and for a second there I imagined a perfect world were we're both happy, away from all this mess, all this misery and fatality, a world where everyone was not plotting the other's death and downfall.

But that was all for that second, in my head, mine and his.

"I, don't even know, when all of this is over we'll figure it out." I let out a long sigh before being interrupted by the calling of my name from some angel. "That's my cue. Take care of yourself, and get that thing done. I love you."

And with that we both disappear, each on a separate journey to discover another wonder of the world.

I feel the wind swirl around me making me squint my eyes in attempt to keep it out of my vision. Through my blurred vision I see the scenery change behind the wall of the wind from white to green making me know I'm in the kingdom of the witches.

The swirling slows down around me and I pause to regain composure standing in the garden of the castle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Evelyne my dear, you're back. How was your trip, where's Davien is he with you?" I am greeted by Merlin's obnoxiously fake comments and smiles.

I give him the smallest forced smile with a snarky comment about Davien's presence. Gosh I always had a bad feeling about him, I never liked him, no wonder why.

"Cut the crap Merlin, I'm here for one thing, and honestly I'm sick of these games. I want the memories you took from me back."

I raise an eyebrow and cross my hands waiting for him to react, to speak.

He stares at me dumbfounded moving his lips in silent surprise looking for the words he so seemingly forgot how to use.

"Did the fairies magically take your tongue? Or maybe the words you're supposed to utter? Poor you."

"I didn't understand, what memories, you, you're surely rambling, you're mistaken, I- I possess you no memories, you're in the wrong place-" he keeps on talking his way out of this, but not on my watch, so I stop him amid his loyalty speech for the vampire king and say,

"I know, Merlin, so you better give me my memories back or I swear by the name of your kingdom will I make you regret every breath you take."

I haven't noticed that I've come to close to his face with my nails sharpening at my sides. I could feel my eyes turning red, but a look on the glass behind Merlin had me surprised; my eyes were changing color between purple, red, black, yellow, blue, and green flashing quickly together.