Part 19

Once they arrived after taking out Matt from his school, they directly went to their apartment. Brent carried the sleepy Matt to the bed, and once he settled him comfortably, he left her bedroom to go to his.

After Brent left, and with nothing to do, she opened her sketch pad. After an hour of sketching and erasing, she decided to go to the kitchen with a baking plan.

The smell of the baking bread drifted in the air as she stepped on the last steps, made her turned around. It is because Mrs. Jones had baked already.

The knowledge that her son is sleeping made her abandoned the idea of going back to her room. So, she walked to the living area, sits down, and then open her phone to check on the messages.

She opens the one from Suzan and reads what she messaged. She is telling her she can drop anything she had left in her drawer at her house.

Though she had left her bag, what was left there is her cosmetics in which she can live without it. Besides, she cannot tell her to meet her here, and so she replied.

"Thank you, Suzan. I left my bag, which only contains my powder and lipsticks. So there is nothing important on it that can't wait until I return to work on Monday."

She then checked on some of her messages, but she received a call from Suzan before she can even type her answer. She debated with herself to pick it up or not. In the end, she pushed the answer button while standing up from the sofa.

"Anne, I don't mind meeting you outside if you can to give you your things. I have nothing to do after work. It's Friday, And I will only go home in an empty flat."

How will she answer Suzan? She cannot go out without telling Brent, and Matt will look for her once he wakes up.

"I am sorry, Suzan, but I am with my younger brother, and we are going to his girlfriend's place to attend a party."

"Oh, so sad to hear that you cannot meet me but enjoy the party and see you on Monday."

"Okay, thanks for the offer Suzan, " with a sigh, because her colleague believes her lies, she ended the call.

She then walked towards the stair. She needs to wake up Matt or else tonight; he will not sleep at his bedtime.

She is on the third steps of the stairs when she saw Brent walking down towards her, looking fresh after an hour or so of sleep. To avoid colliding with each other on the stairs, she walked on the other side. To her surprise, he too followed to steps down on her way. They almost collided if she didn't stop. It was then she felt a hand encircles her waist and pulled her closer.

"What are you doing? We are on the stairs." she protested while stiffening.

"Relax," he whispered to her ear, which made her felt goosebumps on her skin.

What else can she do but relax and busy her mind about his behavior? Did he woke up in the wrong bed, or is he sleep-walking, and so she asked the latter.

A chuckled came out from him at her question.

"Of course, I am fully awake," and then he touched her forehead as if strengthening her tense muscle.

"I missed you,"

To her surprise, she felt as if the oven had opened, and its heat directly touched her face. So she turned her face away from Brent's scrutiny.

"Removed your hand." She said more of a plea than order.

"You also not indifferent to my touch." He told her in a voice that she cannot understand if it is accusing her or seducing her. Her mind lost its ability to comprehend as he tightens his hold on her while pulling her face towards him.