Part 20

Anne looked at her watch and then at the traffic. Of all the time that she is going to be late, it is when she is in a car together with Brent.

She should not be on tenterhooks if they only drop Matt at the gate, but he insisted on going inside. Because of it, they meet Matt's teacher, and after the introduction, he asked a lot of questions, which the former happily replied.

A touch on her hand made her turned to look at him.

"Babe, don't worry. We still have time to reach your workplace, and if we will be late..."Brent smiled mischievously, then lean closer to her and said, " what's the purpose of my being the CEO?"

Immediately she pulled her hand and put a distance between them.

"You had done enough already to make them suspicious of my relationship with you. If you interfere again, the center of the gossip in the office will be me."

"No one knows or seen us together. Besides, what is wrong if people will talk about you and me?" he asked her as if he had forgotten his affiance status.

It was only her who was supposed to be the forgetful one, the stupid one, who let desire enslave her.

She didn't know what Brent is trying to do since last Friday; he looked so easygoing as if he was not guilty with what they had done.

Suppose she didn't avoid him this past two days. She cringed at the thought of what would happen again. It was a good thing; even it was hard to resist the temptation, she was able to. Thanks to Matt's presence and her resolve. She was able to hold out against his allure.

"What with that funny look?" she asked as she glances in his direction after admonishing herself and saw him looking at her. "Aren't your eyes supposed to be in the road?"

The truth is she was embarrassed. What if Brent had seen her expression while she was thinking.

"The signal doesn't turn green, so I still have the time to look at you."

"How many times do I have to remind you that when you are driving, concentrate on the road."

"Yes, babe."

Brent then took her hand on her lap. When she noticed him raising it, she pulled it back, but his firmed hold stopped her.

She let him kissed her hand to stop him from flirting with her while on the road.

As the lights turned green and Brent concentrated on his driving, she can't help but remember what had happened after their dinner last Friday.

She has no plans to sleep in his bedroom, but Matt insisted on it. It is by reminding her that she had tested it already and it was good. With no new ideas to form as an excuse, they all walked inside Brent's bedroom together with two of them grinnings while she was looking helpless.

It was the first night that she spent in his apartment that she had a sleepless night. Her mind is too alert on Brent's movement, who sleeps on the other side of Matt.

The next morning, they went to Brent's beach house with her, not enjoying it. She spent her time lounging on the beach chair shaded with an umbrella, sleeping. No matter how much Matt tried to drag her, she didn't budge. They all went back with her, still as pale as before they come.

By Sunday, she was surprised to wake up with Brent still in bed sleeping. He even went with her and Matt to see her granny.

Today, he insisted on driving Matt to his school and even told her that he would pick him up, including her. She agreed to his dropping her at her work, but she will make sure to go out earlier than her usual time later on.