Part 25

With trembling hands, she closed the folder and looked at Brent. He was sitting in a chair and looking at her with unblinking eyes, making her uncomfortable.

"When did you know?" Finally, she asked anxiously.

She became lax with herself. She had forgotten that Brent has the money and he could investigate everything.

"Why? Do you have any lies hidden in that brain of yours?" Brent asked in displeasure while standing up on his chair and walking towards her.

"Now tell me, why did you have to do that?" Brent leaned closer to her as if he was asking a criminal in the interrogation room.

Fear made her own up to what she had done, "even if I lied to you before, but didn't you got engage too in less than a month, " She tried to reason out, but anxiety starts to creep inside her as she saw Brent's expression. He looked like he would swallow her whole.

This time she felt like running to the door and hide, but she mustn't. She needed to face it now. First, she has to calm Brent, and what better to do was to use her feminine wiles.

She smiled, baring her teeth, and then touched his chest. " I realized that I am still too young for marriage, so I asked Daniel to pretend with me. I didn't think that you will get engage before I can explain it to you."

"Why didn't you tell me directly?" Her wiles did work as his tone mellowed. "Why did you have to stage that play of you having an affair with another man when in fact, it was your gay best friend?"

Brent asked her while covering her hand on his chest with his free hand while the other pulled her closer to him. Their closeness made her turned her head on the other side to avoid his penetrating gaze. Else she could not tell the other lie straightly.

"If I didn't do that, will you stop?" she said softly, almost like a whisper.

"Of course I will not, especially if I found out about my child," he whispered in her ear, making her shivers as the heat of his breath touched her skin. She pushed him to free herself from his arm before she falls into the trap of her making. She then walked away from him amidst his chuckle.

"You have your answer," she told him once she has kept a safe distance from him.

"Why? Can you continue your modeling when you are already pregnant?"

In a way, Craig was right. She was not able to continue her modeling once her baby bump began to show. It was also one of the reasons she abandoned her promising career on the runway. But of course, she cannot divulge it to him; else, he would say, " I told you so." Besides, no matter what, her leaving him would still happen.

"Of course, once I had given birth."

"So, why didn't you returned after you had Matt?"

This time she didn't answer him but instead pushed him gently away as she noticed him following her. It made him chuckle instead of getting angry. As if they were too close with one another that they could tease each other.

"Don't worry, I will not do anything," he told her while raising both of his hands in surrender. " I only want you to go back on the chair so we can talk about your plan to leave this place."

Brent's calm voice made her followed him as he guided her to a chair. Instead of returning to his chair, he bent on his knees in front of her. He then grasped her hands.

"What are you doing?"

Anne doesn't know what was happening to her. His action made her heart beats faster more than usual. He didn't even answer her question but remained looking directly at her for few seconds. She lowered her head and tried to pull her hand free.