Part 28

Before the kiss could lead to a more intimate one, Anne pushed Brent away from her. This time as if he knew she would do that, he didn't budge. He even tightened his hold on her waist. So she let him devoured her as he wanted until she had forgotten that she should not do it.

"Mommy, " It was the yelling of Matt which separate them from each other, and with wide eyes, she turned to look at her son. She was able to sigh in relief as soon as she saw that Matt was still asleep.

"Saved by your son?" Brent's question and his hands encircling her waist again made her look at his teasing face. Anne pushed him before he could ever kiss her. This time he did budge, and she walked a few feet away from him to put distance.

"Didn't I told you that we should put space between us always." She reminded him.

"Babe, why do we have to deprive ourselves of each other when we both know we desired one another?" Brent's question made her looked at him with a dagger in her eyes.

"Okay, Babe, I rest my case. I will not mention it again if it makes you angry." Brent told her in surrender, and then he walked to his side of the bed.

Anne then went to her side too and lay down on it. She didn't knew what time she exactly had fallen asleep but got awakened not by her alarm clock but the clamoring beside her.

"What is that noise both of you were making?" She asked while getting up. It was then she saw the reason. Brent was beside her, looking at Matt while the latter on his side, sobbing. Upon hearing his voice, Matt crawled to her lap.

"Mommy, you see, daddy was unfair. He pushed me here, far away from you." Matt told her and then rubbed his eyes.

Anne pulled him closer to him and then lowered her head so she can whisper to his ear. "Did you see daddy pushing you?"

Matt moved his head from side to side, and then he faced her." When I woke up, daddy was sleeping beside you. So he pushed me last night." Matt said, and he began again to cry.

"Mommy, I told him that he moved around at night. How would I know he would move to the other side and left me being in your side." Brent's imitating Matt's voice while looking at her with those mischievous eyes.

Anne knew that for sure Brent moved Matt at night so he can sleep beside her. " Okay, baby, tonight we will put pillows between you and daddy so you could not cross it at night when you moved around." She told Matt, who then slowly stopped his crying. " We better get up now, so we will not be late."

"Mommy, " Matt said as he leaned on her chest.

"Does my baby still wanted to sleep?" She asked Matt while kissing his cheeks, and until a giggle came out from him.

"Daddy, "Matt shouted when she started to tickle him. When Brent ignored him, he immediately got up from her lap and ran towards his father, laughing.

'Daddy, Mommy...was tickling me. " Matt told Brent in between giggle.

"Oh! that makes you so happy?" Brent told him and started to tickle him too.

Anne reached out for her phone and, upon seeing the time, get up from the bed. She left the father and son still frolicking on the bed to go down.

As she left her car in her granny's house, Brent will drop both her and Matt. They were walking in the parking area when suddenly Brent passed his vehicle. His action made her confused. She was going to ask him, but then he stopped walking. She even almost collided with his back. Good thing her reflexes were fast to noticed his action; else, she would be nursing some lump on her head.

When she turned to look at the reason he stopped, she saw a Jaguar SUV. She didn't notice if the car key was already in his hand or he took it out from his pocket. He pressed something on the tailgate and held his wrist near it, and then the hazard light flashed. That was when she spotted the wrist strap devised on it. He then walked in the driver set and then returned to her. Wide-eyed, she only looked at the square thing on his palm.