Part 41

Mrs. Jefferson sat down in the nearest chair she saw, with her hand on her chest and the other on her knees. Anne couldn't help but pity her. It was because there was no denying how shocked the older woman was to see Matt's face.

As Anne could comprehend what Mrs. Jefferson had said earlier, the older woman accused Brent of hiding the fact of her having a son. Before this event, Anne had no idea what was happening with Brent's mother and him. He never mentioned that his mother had known of her having a son. 

She was sure, with his mother's behavior towards her before, the older woman came here to see the truth of her having a child with another. The only mishap was the undeniable resemblance of Matt to Brent.

Anne couldn't judge the older woman's behavior if she regretted being one of the reasons her grandson grew up without his father. The only thing Anne was sure of at the time while looking at Brent's mother was a picture of a woman in sadness, drooping posture and her head turned downwards.

Even though the older woman was not pleasant every time they met, Anne understood what the older woman was going through. She couldn't hate or gloat at her; some of her was still unsure of the older woman's attitude.

Now looking at her, sitting down on a chair and looking in space, baffled Anne. What was on her mind?

"Daddy, who was that woman?" Now in Brent's arms, Matt asked while pointing his fingers at Mrs. Jefferson, breaking the silence that almost became deafening.

"He is daddy's mommy."

"Like my mommy?" Matt asked, to which Brent nodded. He then wriggled to go down from his father's arm. Brent put him down on the floor, and to their surprise, Matt ran to Mrs. Jefferson. He kissed her cheek, and the older woman immediately hugged him.

Sniffing became like a piece of music in the room, as Mrs. Jefferson couldn't stop the tears that flowed on her face. When she finally let go of Matt, she looked at his face and asked, " Why had no one ever mentioned this handsome baby boy to me?"

"I am not a baby, Daddy's mommy. I am a big boy already." Matt protested, which brought laughter in them, adults. Then he ran towards Brent and held onto his legs, " Daddy, I am not a baby anymore, right? When Mommy has another baby, I will become a big brother."

Brent tousled Matt's hair before he answered," Of course, You are now my big boy." He then looked at his mother and said, "Grandma, our Matt is not a baby anymore. He is even ready to become a big brother."

Upon hearing what Brent said, Anne felt that some hot air passed on her, leaving her heated in this air-conditioned room. Her eyes turned to Mrs. Jefferson's direction, and not surprisingly, the latter's attention was on her, specifically on her tummy. Good thing she was wearing a fitted dress and no bulge in there that could betray that someone was growing.

"Mom, I know that I kept matt's existence a secret from you, and it was wrong; I have a reason for doing it. It doesn't involve anyone." Brent said that what he insinuated earlier had no impact on his mother.

As if his mother had comprehended what her son had said, she turned her gaze to him. "This new knowledge was a big shock to me, Brent. " Then she looked at Anne before adding, " It was good I came here in your apartment. If I didn't, when will both of you would do it." then she turned her focus on Brent, who by now picked up Matt and carried him in his shoulder.

"I know I made the wrong move in this, but if I didn't do it, Matt would be overwhelmed with everything. In this way, his life changed a bit every day." Brent then kissed his son's temple.

"Daddy, what are you talking about with your Mommy?" Matt asked when he was playing with his father's lapel.

"Hey, you should call my Mommy a grandma."