Part 24

The first thing that Suzan had asked Anne upon seeing her the following day was about the dress.

She had forgotten about it, but for sure she has clothes, so she told Suzan.

"We solved the clothes, the remaining thing we should do is book the place where we will stay. We will do it in our lunchtime." Suzan told her and then picked up her things at the table to walk into the other room.

Anne's morning became busy to the extent that Brent's problem slipped in her mind. Besides working on the pattern, she also helped Emily entertained their VIP customer in the showroom. She happened to be one of those clients that were too difficult to please.

It was past two already when she went up to their office and took her wallet. She met Olivia and Suzan while she was going inside the building's door next to her workplace. They had finished eating and were going back to work.

"Anne, we had chosen the hotel we will be staying in this weekend. I will send you the details so you can check it and then book too." Suzan told her.

"Okay, send it on my phone, and I will do it as soon as possible." She told Suzan while waving her hand for goodbye as hunger pushed her to walk faster.

This time she didn't go inside a place where she has to wait for a longer time to order. She walked inside the KFC.

There was also an advantage in eating past their lunch break. There were few diners inside the fast-food restaurant. Only one person on the other counter while the other was empty. She had her big dipper without waiting in line and carried it to a vacant table in less than five minutes.

While sitting down, the ringing tone of her phone when it received a message made a sound. She placed her food first on the table, took a bite on the chicken strips before taking out her phone from her pocket.

The message was from Suzan. It contained the details of the hotel booking she had made for herself. Then she also mentioned that Olivia had made a reservation for herself too as she might bring her female friend with her.

While eating, she checked on the rooms and the amenities that the hotel offered. So far, what she read and saw was good. They provide those that she needed for her one-night stays, like the hairdryer and in-room iron. There was an inclusion of breakfast too.

The details that she had read made her clicked on the reserve. She then took her card in her wallet and inputted her information. When she has done and had returned her card to her purse, it was only then she looked at the address.

"Oh my gosh, this hotel is near to Brent's beach house. No wonder it looks familiar." She muttered.

Suddenly Anne can only hear the pounding of her heart as it beat. The music and the voices of those inside the restaurant became muted.

What will she do? Brent will be back tonight, as he told Matt last night. What if he decided to go there too?

Those question on her brain made her chewed on her lips

"Gosh! Why is she so pessimistic?" she murmured after a few seconds.

She then took a deep breath to calm herself and pushed herself not to let negativity control her. Besides, she cannot retract her agreement with her colleagues.

She had made many excuses already unless she was ready to tell them all about her son and Brent.

She had booked the hotel room now; all she could do was wait and see what would happen.

She finished her food and went back to her workplace.

"Did you booked it already?" Suzan asked her as soon as she entered their pattern-making room.