Part 10

Anne woke up at something that bumps on her stomach. Instead of opening her eyes, she groped on it and felt a small foot.

There are no mornings that she woke up without trouble; this is the disadvantage of sleeping with her son. Still, it's a welcome one, " she thought, smiles and then caresses it.

Now that she had awakened, what had occurred last night came flashing back on her, making her cringe in what she had done. She behaved like a sex-starved person. Never even think of the implication as well as the consequences of her action.

"Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed and immediately opened her eyes. "Surely, she is not in her fertile period nowadays." She directly sits up on the bed. It was then her eyes caught the sleeping figure of Brent, who began to stir but only to gather Matt in his arm and sleep again.

As far as she knew last night, it was past two already before slept visited her, and Brent was nowhere in sight.

"What time did he come inside?" she asked herself while looking at him so relaxed while holding his son as if it's a usual thing for him to do. Then she remembered the most pressing matter for her to do, to check on her phone.

Slowly she moved to take her phone at the top of the drawer, opens it to check on the calendar.

"Of all the time, she again forgets to record her cycle. Though she is regular every month but it varies. The last that she registered was two months ago and then another six months ago? If she bases on the previous two months, she can be, or it can also be not." She groaned at her foolishness.

On the other hand, "How will she ever knew she would have a sexual relationship with a man when it was years she had dated? Still, it is not an excuse. As a matured person and already with a child, she should not be irresponsible."

"Argh," she groaned while shaking her head. It was then she noticed two pairs of eyes looking at her.

Embarrassed, she avoided those of Brent and gazed at her son, who smiles at her.

"Marie, what had happened to you?" Matt asked while he got up and then come to kiss her cheek, and once done, he cupped her face with his small hands, rubbed his nose to her, and then hugged her.

"I love you, Marie."

"Hmm...I love you too, my baby," she answered, and then her eyes meet those of Brent's with a hint of envy on it, and then she remembered what had happened last night. She immediately told Matt to go to his father, almost pushing him. To the surprised of Brent because of the way he reacted, mouth gaping.

She then scrambled up from the bed to hurriedly walked out of the room before he can comment on her distressed face.

Only once she had closed the door, then Anne took a deep breath and then went down to the kitchen to prepare their breakfast.

Sunday is the day off of Mrs. Jones, and so it is her time to cook their breakfast before she and Matt go to her granny's house while Brent to his agenda too, which Anne was sure is his fiancee.

Again, Brent's affiance status, and what had happened last night made her winced.

"She is so stupid to succumb to her weakness. She must make sure there will be no repetition on it  and put on her mind that what happened last night was only a dream. If she needs to avoid being near Brent, then be it." With renewed spirit, she put down her phone on the table and then started to make the favorite breakfast of her son, Omelette.

She had just finished preparing the dining table when she heard father and son voices, this time when she saw Brent, Anne made sure to look at him, casually. She then talked as if they are just a typical family who is going to eat their breakfast.