Part 26

Anne was picking up her overnight suitcase in the backseat when her phone rings. She straightened herself before fishing it from her shoulder bag.

"Anne, where are you now?" Suzan asked her.

"I am here in the parking area, taking out my things." She told Suzan while straightening up from her bending position.

"My, gosh, I am also here. I see you. " Susan shrieked, "Turn on your left side."

She did what Suzan told her, and then she saw her. Dark sunglasses concealed her eyes, and with hair wrapped in a bandana, waving at her. She waved back too.

"Okay, I will get my things and meet you up in the lobby." She told Suzan while turning back to reach for her bag.

"No! Wait for me outside of your car. I am already pulling my overnight case. We will go to the lobby together." Suzan informed her before turning off the phone, leaving her with her mouth hanging open. She was going to suggest that they both meet halfways as not to waste time.

What else could she do now but wait for Suzan? She picked up her case and closed her car door.

While waiting for Suzan, Anne can't help but think of Matt. She was guilty of leaving him for a night, but it was also an excellent opportunity for Brent to care for him. In that way, they can bond with one another.

"Hey, Anne."

She turned her head to where Suzan's voice came from, smiled as soon as she saw her.

"Wow! I like your outfit today."Suzan told her, and she looked at what she was wearing. A brown midi short, which she partnered with a peach-colored blouse and a spandrel.

"You too look good in your outfit too." She said as she finally saw Suzan's outfit, which the cars earlier had concealed. She wore denim shorts and a pink crop top.

"Thank you. " Then Anne saw where Suzan's eyes were, in her small suitcase.

"Is that all you brought with you?"

"Yes, it has all of my things I will need tonight and tomorrow."

"I did pack a lot," Suzan commented while pointing to her case, and then her lips protrude slightly, making Anne laugh.

'Anyway, we better start moving so we can check-in." Anne then looked at her watch, "It is past two already. Do you know what time the others will arrive?"

"Olivia told me earlier, she and her friend will be here at past five."

"We better hurry so we still have time to rest a bit and then freshen up to meet them," Anne suggested while pushing her suitcase.

After they received their card key from the receptionist to their respective rooms, she and Suzan took a lift.

Suzan's room was two doors away from the lift, while hers, she has to pass three doors still before unlocking a door.

Anne entered a room with a double bed in the middle. The light blue color walls and the whiteness of the bedsheet exudes tranquility, warmth, and luxury. She almost ran to the bed to touched its softness and wrapped herself with the mattress. It was the scenery outside that peeked at the moving curtains that stopped her.

She parked her suitcase beside the door and walked to the sliding door. She was pushing the door so she could go out when her phone rings.

She blew out her cheeks and rolled her eyes before turning back to the room.

"Don't tell me it is Brent again."

Anne walked to where she put her bag, at the top of her suitcase.

As expected, It was Brent. She was going to turn it off when suddenly Matt's face came into mind.