Part 37

A day had passed since that night that she and Brent had dinner at his mother's house. That whole time after what Brent had said to Amanda was one of the most uncomfortable moments she had. Not because the guest and his mother bullied her. It was because she could sense that all the people there were trying to avoid anything that could start a dispute.

After an hour of being with them, Anne could almost shout at them to say how they fell off her presence. Instead of faking a smile, why don't they confront her and say something near the truth?

Every time her eyes drifted to Brent, who exuded the aura of happiness, even if she didn't want to pretend she would too. In her case, it was because she appreciated what Brent was doing. He made sure that his mother and those close to him would abandon the idea of his getting back to Amanda.

In their case, she didn't know what their reasons were. She could only assume. Before considering an explanation that would not suit anyone, she also abandoned it and diverted her attention to the food.

After dinner, when they were all gathered on the patio outside of the dining area. While Lilibeth was talking to Amanda, Anne couldn't help but look at the latter. At that time, she could feel her heartbeat almost skip a bit. She couldn't deny her guilty feeling about what had happened to Amanda and Brent's relationship.

Even now, she still could feel it. They were already awaiting their wedding day if she didn't meet Brent again. The only consolation that she held on so that she wouldn't blame herself was what Brent had told her. It would be worst If he married Amanda, knowing he loved another woman.

"Anne, could you please double-check the after-party invites? Make sure that it would include the names listed by Mrs. Winter." Olivia's interrupting her train of thoughts made Anne drop whatever she was thinking. She took the folder handed to her. " Make sure to send it to our PR before you go at the end of the day, and if you want to invite someone, you could add one or two persons."

The last words that Olivia said with a wink made Anne smile. That's the privilege if you were part of the designer team, you could invite some friends.

"Sure, I would do it," Anne said and opened the folder. She saw celebrities' names and loyal elite clients, but her brow raised upon noticing Brent and Amanda's name.

"You were confused too about the relationship of the two?" Upon hearing Olivia's voice, Anne blinked her eyes, "Oh, no!"

"Mrs. Winters said that no one had mentioned to her to cancel the name of Amanda, so she didn't."

"Well, it's only in watching the fashion show. What was the big deal on it?" Anne commented more to herself than to Olivia. It's true; she doesn't mind, especially after the dinner the other night. Brent had ensured she was the one he wanted, not Amanda.

"You are right. It would matter too much if Mr. Jefferson and his ex-fiancee already have new significant others. Anyway, the PR people would do something about it. You better hurry so they can send all the invitations.

"Sure, I would do that," Anne answered. She then continued where she left off.

On the other hand, Brent scrutinized the business proposal of one of their subsidiary companies when the door to his office opened. He raised his head and looked at the woman that entered. Dressed in a lace red flared skater dress, she was smiling but looked at him with intensity.

"Brent, I am sorry for disturbing you, but I have something I need to consult you with," Amanda told him as she walked toward him.

When did she start to walk with swinging hips? She was not like that before; even how she dressed had changed. She wore modest but elegant ones, unlike the one she was wearing with a plunging neckline.