Untitled Part 4

Yesterday, after the surprise of his life, he almost pulled her out of the room. He wanted to ask her what she was doing there. She is supposed to have a glamorous life and be amidst the adoration of everybody. Not in there with papers and scissors in front of her. It was only his PA who, upon seeing his expression, diverted him by reminding him of his lunch date with Amanda, and so they all walked out of the room.

When he was with Amanda eating their lunch, he can't help but think of Marie while he is sitting down in front of her. A lot of times, she has to call his name as his mind drifted away. In the end, Amanda didn't talk much. She even made excuses for his inattentiveness. It made him guilty because of his real reason was not the newly acquired company as she thought but of another woman.

Amanda is a pediatrician whom he met through his mother. She is the daughter of her Obstetrician friend. Three years ago, his mother introduced her to him. At first, he was not interested, but then she was always there during their parties and befriended him. Even when he was dating other women, she was still there. As he saw her patience in him, he began to like her and decided to date her. A few months ago, he asked her to marry him to the delights of their mothers.

Now, seeing Marie again put his mind in chaos, but he knew it is temporary. He is just curious about what had happened to her. Amanda is the best woman for him. A year younger than him, and she has the maturity to know what is to prioritize. She will be a good wife, and Marie is a past that he should forget.

Instead of opening the mail that his investigator had sent, he deleted it now. Once done, he felt relief.  "Marie was right, they had moved on, and if they met again in the company. He will ignore her and treat her the same way he does his other employees, with indifference." He decided.

After three days of their meeting and him knowing where she works, Anne had not received any letter from the HR of her notice of termination of her apprenticeship. Still, she mustn't be complacent and lose guard

"I never thought that Mr. Jefferson is so handsome in person. I had seen his picture before in the net and read his interview on the Forbes magazine but seeing him in person. They all didn't prepare me for how handsome he is. If only he will take an interest in me," Olivia told them the last words in a dreamy voice.

"What will you do?" Susan asked.

"I will break up with my boyfriend in a flash," Olivia answered.

She had said the exact words for more than three times already since Brent came. So used to hear it, they shake their head while continued to eat their lunch in the cafeteria, where most of the employees of their company eat. In her case, she always eats in the same table with Olivia, Susan, Gary, one of their sewer Janice and her friend Jane who is one of the stylists in the showroom.

"I, too, was stunned when I first see him. He accompanied his fiancee in the showroom before the merger. She comes to choose her clothes." Jane's comment surprised them all.

"Why no one told us about it?" Olivia asked. "Isn't it a protocol for every VIP customer, to have a designer to cater to them?"

"We asked Dr. Stuart, which is his fiancee before she comes, but she refused. We only found out the reason when she arrived with him. Maybe, she doesn't want anyone to see him and drool over him while she is busy fitting." Jane told them with a laugh, "In fairness to her, she is a nice and sweet woman, or maybe she is just pretending. We will never know unless she came without him again."

"Was it all see-through lingerie she bought?" Susan asked, which make Olivia laugh. "Common Su, if I have a man like him, I will not wear anything. I will walk around him naked."

What Olivia said made them all laugh. It was only then they noticed the red-faced Gary. "Get used to us women talking about matured topics if you want to eat with us always," Olivia told him and then looked at them and asked. "Are there still innocent one here aside from Susan?"