Part 17

After hearing what Brent had said, Anne looked at the food in front and then to her two friends.

"What will she do now?"

"Anne, what did he said that made you looked stunned?"

She sighs before turning her attention to Steve and answers him, " He is coming in about fifteen minutes."

She heard the utensils sound as it dropped hurriedly in the plate and then saw the abrupt standing up of Daniel on his chair. At first, she only looked at him, surprised at his action. Once she realized what he is going to do, she immediately stopped him.

"No need to get up and hide and waste the food. I will think of a better excuse."

"Are you ready to tell him now of everything?" Daniel asked her with concern in his eyes as he slowly sits down.

"Uncle Daniel, what had happened to you?"

Matt's voice as he asked Daniel made her realized that her son is with her. She looked at Daniel in horror, and he too looked at her the same way as if telling her, " We forgot the little boy."

Good thing that Matt didn't saw their faces as he is running to where Daniel sits.

"Uncle felt something on my butt, so I stand up immediately."

"Oh! Let me see, uncle."

"Matt returned to your chair and continue eating." She immediately told Matt as she saw him trying to inspect Daniel, but upon hearing her voice, he walked back to his chair.

"Mommy, I only wanted to see what had happened to Uncle Daniel," Matt told her once seated.

"Okay, I know that, but you don't have to leave your food," she told him. Once she saw him started to eat the chicken, she turned around to look at Daniel.

"Only agree with what I will say or improvised on it once he is here." She told Daniel and then turned to Steve, " As much as possible, don't talk to him about his wedding preparation. Someone here doesn't know about it."

Anne looked at Matt as she saw her two friends looked at him. She then tousled his hair, "Mommy, I am eating."

"I am sorry, baby. Mommy is happy to see you eating the chicken. Is it yummy?"

"Yes, Mommy, it is yummy. Next time can we bring Daddy here too?"

"Well, daddy is coming."

Matt's face is full of surprise, and immediately he put down the chicken on his plate, "Yehey, my daddy is coming."

"Matt, what did I told you? " She immediately asked as soon as Matt stands from his chair to run to Daniel and Steve. Looking at him as he talked to both of them, and seeing the enthusiasm on his face, made her concede.

Anne then turned to get the attention of a waiter to order food for Brent. After the waiter left, and Matt is still talking to his uncles, she called him back to his chair.

"Mommy, I will wait for daddy to come so we can eat together," Matt told her with a pout.

"Okay, but you have to finish the food on your plate once daddy is here, okay?"

Once Matt nods for an agreement, she turned her attention to Daniel and Steve.

"I am sorry for the inconvenience. Now, our supposed to be a relaxing meal will be tension full."

"It is okay, Anne, sooner or later, we will face Mr. Jefferson all together." Steve told her and then looked at his watch and added, "At least, we still have a few minutes to calm, and you can still think of your excuse." He then took the wine to drink while Daniel looked at her; worry was on his face.