Chapter 10: Gimme, Gimme, Gimme

"So how'd it feel?" Lee asked excitedly when the quiet common room quickly became a booming party scene.

"How'd what feel?" Daisy laughed, only cringing slightly at the pain that shot through the cut on her cheek, but George had done a nice job stitching her up.

"The fire!" He laughed, standing up dramatically and nearly spilling his butterbear everywhere, "You were surrounded by it, that's gotta be weird."

"It was..." Daisy pondered for the right word, "hot," she laughed to herself.

"How descriptive," Fred mocked her.

"Well what do you want me to say? It was very hot."

"Well you can't give us anything more than that?" George asked, secretly putting an arm around her waist. In the darkness no one else could see, but Daisy noticed right away, her face grew red.

"I wasn't really paying too much attention to the fire. Ya know, more focused on the fact that there was a dragon trying to eat me and I needed to get to the egg so I didn't die."

"Fair enough," the twins stated, and decided to go back to partying. Daisy had gone over to talk to Hermoine and Ginny, which was always interesting. Ginny was trying to get Hermoine to dance with her but she was too focused on the new book she was reading, something about witches and wizards of the past.

"Dance with me," George whispered in Daisys ear from behind her.

She turned to face him, and he had a devilish glint in his eye, "Dance with you?" He only nodded at her, "is that against the rules?"

"Oh we're at a party, dancing as nothing more than friends," He responded, Daisy only raised an eyebrow at him, "friends can dance, can't they?"

"I suppose we could," Daisy began, a childish grin grew on George's face, "but you've got to put on some muggle music, like that one band your dad showed us."

"Which one?"

"Abba, I think that's what it was called..."

"They're my favorite," he smiled, "I'll have Fred put something on next," with that he ran away to find his twin, and Daisy turned back to continue her conversation with her friends. Only a minute or so later she heard the beginning of a new song, and she felt someone pull her into the middle of the crowd.

"George Weasley, what are you playing at," Daisy laughed when she turned to face the familiar redhead.

"You said you'd dance with me, didn't you?" He kept her hand in his and spun her around, making her giggle, "I even got your favorite music."

Daisy had to admit it, George did seem to be able to get what he wanted.

The words of the energetic song fueled their dancing and they spun around forever, she didn't think she'd ever been so happy in her whole life.

Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight, won't somebody help me chase the shadows away.

George's hands moved from her own to her waist, Daisy dangled her hands over his shoulders and stared blissfully into his eyes.

Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight, take me through the darkness to the break of the day.

She could feel people looking at them. Everyone knew how close she was with the twins, but no one suspected anything going on between her and one of them. In the darkness, no one could tell which twin she was dancing with, but they were unmistakable.

The mosh pit slowly dispersed as the songs ended and the night dwindled away. Eventually she had to let go of her hold on George, which she hated but she knew that wouldn't be the last of it.