Chapter 12: Say Yes To The Dress

Author's note: Hi, I'd just like to make it clear that Ginny and Hermoines dresses aren't going to be the same as they were in the movie. I honestly don't really like the dresses they wore in the movie, so I'm gonna try to do them justice. If you want, you can just pretend they are the same; it doesn't really matter.

~~~~~~~~~~

The trio of girls rose early that morning, around 7. They usually woke up early for school but they never woke up this early on a saturday. Ginny had told them they had to be the first into the dress shop in hogsmeade, because "everyone will be getting there dresses today, we can't be the last ones otherwise there won't be anything left."

Daisy knew this was true, but she still dreaded the idea of waking up early. Nonetheless, she put on a pair of comfy, straight leg jeans and a maroon crew neck and soon enough they were off to hogsmeade. By 8 they had arrived, and they were in fact the first ones there.

"Hello ladies, how can I help you today?" the shopkeeper asked them. She was an older lady, and the corners of her eyes wrinkled when she smiled.

"We're here to get dresses for the yule ball, miss," Hermoine stated, matter-of-factly.

"Right then, I'll be at the front desk if you need anything, changing rooms are in the back, we've got a large selection here," she gestured towards the racks that seemed to be overflowing with ball gowns of all different colors, shapes, sizes and styles.

"Brilliant," Ginny smiled, quickly diving towards a rack, "who wants to go first then?"

"I guess I'll go, get it out of the way," Hermoine said, "you two will probably have to help me, I'm not too great at picking out dresses," the two girls laughed, and they began to sort through some options for her.

"What about this one?" Ginny asked, tossing a pink, frilly dress towards Hermoine.

"It's lovely," she started, "should I go try it on?"

"That's the idea, yeah," Ginny laughed as Hermoine walked into one of the dressing rooms. She came out looking amazing, that didn't surprise anyone.

"I don't really like it," she stated plainly, folding down the dress in the mirror, "a bit too feathery for my taste," Daisy took that into consideration, and instead pulled out a gold dress with a dramatic, ball gown skirt.

"What about this one?" She held it up against Hermoine, and Ginny gasped.

"That's gorgeous, you've got to try it on, Mione!" Ginny laughed as she pushed Hermoine back towards the dressing room.

"I'm going, I'm going," she laughed as she shut the curtain. A few moments later she stepped out, and she looked absolutely breathtaking.

"Oh," Hermoine gasped when she saw herself in the mirror.

"My," Ginny began, slack jawed.

"Merlin! You look perfect Hermoine!" Daisy smiled, admiring how beautiful her friend looked in the dress.