Chapter 13: Finally Officially Official

The day was December 15th, 10 days before the Yule ball. Everything had been normal recently, Daisy still hadn't a date but she wasn't nervous. Worse case scenario she'd just go with her friends. Like I said, nothing to worry about.

Daisy was in the common room by herself, once again studying the egg. She'd figured out what it said and what she had to do with it, but now she was left to figure out the riddle.

"Hey, Rosie, can I talk to you?" She looked up from another book containing details of the black lake to see Fred standing there, looking a bit nervous.

"Yeah sure, Freddie, what's up?" she put down the book and gave him her attention as he sat down next to her.

"Uh well I wanted to talk to you about 2 things, actually," he began, she nodded and he took her signal and continued, "I asked Lee to the ball..." he smiled sheepishly, laughing a bit to himself.

"And...?" Daisy asked in anticipation.

"We're going together," he whispered, as though he didn't want anyone else to here it.

"Freddie!" She laughed and she tossed her arms around him, "that's amazing, I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks, took a lot of me to admit I like him..."

"I know," Daisy smiled at him.

"And the other thing..." Fred quickly composed himself. He was never one for sappy moments, "when were you planning on telling me you fancy my brother?"

"I what?" Daisy asked, trying to compose herself.

"Well I'm very observant, you know," Fred laughed to himself.

"George told you then?"

"Last night. He thought I'd be mad at him."

"Why would you be mad at him," she laughed.

"Thank you. I could never be mad at him for being happy. If it's you that makes him happy I'm quite alright with that."

"Thanks, Freddie. Means a lot to me," nothing made her happier that Fred trusted her, and that George had finally told Fred.

"Don't mention it. But if you hurt him I'm coming after you, mark my words, Diggory."

"I'm terrified," Daisy laughed as she and Fred moved to a different subject, which was mostly just small talk about the previous and next task.

Now, 3 days later, the day was December 18th, 1994. Exactly 1 week before the Yule Ball. Ginny was going with Neville. Hermione with Krum. Fred had plucked up the courage to ask Lee, which involved a lot of fireworks. Harry and Ron were going with the Patils.

George still had no date.

Neither did Daisy.

Don't get me wrong, she'd been asked. Some 6th year slytherin had asked her. She'd said no, Daisy had only talked to him a few times. Another hufflepuff from her year asked her, she knew him a little better than the slytherin, but she still said no.

George had been acting a bit weird around her, Daisy had assumed it was because he told Fred about what was going on between them. It still wasn't "public knowledge" per say, but they were more comfortable and relaxed around everyone. Daisy really enjoyed that.

"Daisy?" George asked her, they were sitting in the common room with everyone else.

"Hm?" She answered, tearing her eyes from the window. It was snowing, and you could see the flakes against the stars. Daisy always loved the snow.