Chapter 24: A Prank With An Unusual Outcome

February faded to March, and then March to April. For once, not much in the life of Daisy Diggory had changed. She went to class, she studied for her exams, she hung out with Lee, Fred, and George, most of all George. They had their stolen moments, when Fred and Lee went on their own dates.

Most of all, Daisy spent a lot of time with Cedric. She missed her brother more than anything in the world. Due to the chaos of the tournament along with their school work and social lives, she felt like they were living in separate worlds.

"Cedric," Daisy spoke one day during lunch when she found him at the hufflepuff table by himself.

"Daisy!" Cedric smiled when he saw his sister, "Merlin, I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever."

"That's because you haven't," she joked, "how have you been?"

"Sorry, I've been busy," he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck, "you see, I've been meaning to talk to you about-"

"Cho?" Daisy cut him off. He looked up at her, a bit taken aback.

"How'd you know?"

"I'm not an idiot, Ced. She was at the bottom of the lake."

"She was, wasn't she," Cedric laughed, "well, what do you think of her?"

What did Daisy think of her? She'd never had a proper conversation with Cho Chang, she hardly knew anything about her. She was in Ravenclaw, the same year as Hermione, Ron, and Harry. Daisy was pretty sure Cho was Scottish, but not 100%.

"Seems nice," was all Daisy could say. That didn't seem to be satisfactory for Cedric, "what do you want me to say I've never had a conversation with her."

"Do you want to?" his face lit up.

"Oh Cedric I never said-"

"Cho!" Cedric called across the great hall to his girlfriend, who had just walked in. She looked in the direction of Cedric, who she easily found as he was waving his arms like a maniac. When their eyes met Cho smiled, it made Daisy happy. She wondered if that's what she looked like when George called out to her.

"Hi!" Cho said happily once she approached, "I'm Cho," she stuck out a hand to Daisy.

Daisy smiled back and shook her hand, "I'm Daisy, Cedric's sister."

"So I've been told," she giggled, "sorry we've never had the opportunity to talk, I'm sure you've been just as busy as Cedric."

"Oh no I'm the one who should be sorry," Daisy smiled. This was going better than she expected, "I haven't seen Cedric much so I haven't got the opportunity to meet you."

"Well we're making up for it now, right?" Cho winked as she sat down next to Daisy. The trio enjoyed a peaceful lunch together. Cedric smiled at them the whole time, he was so happy that Daisy and Cho got along. Cho had to run off to class pretty quickly, so they only got to talk for a bit.

"Now what do you think of her?" Cedric asked once Cho left.

"She's very sweet, Ced," Daisy smiled, which seemed to relieve some of the tension in his shoulders, "so why is she dating you?"

"Hey!" He scolded, pushing her shoulder, "rude!"

"I'm only joking," she smiled. And she was. Aside from Fred and George, Cedric was her favorite person. Daisy was so happy he had found someone he was so fond of, and was so fond of him, "you like her a lot?"

"I think I do," he smiled at her, "I haven't known her long but we sorta just... clicked."

She smiled softly, "I'm happy for you."