Chapter 9: Antipodean Opaleye

"And you're sure this won't kill me?" Daisy began, holding an orange hard candy in her hand, it seemed to be glowing.

"When have we ever failed?" Fred asked her, elbowing George for back up.

"All our treats do exactly what they're supposed to do!"

"Didn't one of your love potions make Katie Bell fall in love with Dean Thomas?"

"User error," they said in unison. It still freaked her out when they did that.

"If I die because you too messed this up I swear to Merlin..." she trailed off in her own thoughts, absentmindedly looking towards the arena which seemed terrifying.

"Don't even joke about that Rosie," Fred started, giving her an encouraging smile, "you're gonna do great."

"Yeah Diggory, Potter doesn't stand a chance against you," George added, winking at her, "hey Freddie, grab us some seats, would you?" Fred picked up the box that contained everyone's bets and found them some good seats.

"Private pep talk?" Daisy looked at him knowingly, he only smiled and pulled her into the broom shed.

"Listen Diggory, I know how you must be feeling right about now, I just wanted to-" Daisy cute George off with a passionate kiss, pulling him down by the collar of his shirt to meet her lips.

He held her tightly, and her panic seemed to disappear for only a moment, and a moment longer when she looked into his lustful eyes afterwards.

"Not complaining or anything, but what was that for?" George smiled at her, pushing a piece of hair that had fallen out of her braids behind her ear.

"Courage," she smiled back at him and rested her head on his chest and he put his chin on the top of her head, trying to hold onto this moment. It was quickly spoiled though, she knew she had to leave soon and so did George, but she was terrified.

"I'm scared, Georgie," was all she could say.

"I know, Angel. But you're going to be ok. You know I won't let anything happen to you." He pulled away a little bit, just to plant a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I'm gonna be ok," she pulled away from him slowly and walked out of the broom shed, trying to gain her confidence, "I'll see you as soon as I'm done."

He smiled proudly at her as she walked towards the tent where the champions were supposed to meet. As soon as Daisy stepped inside she saw Cedric, and she wasted no time accepting the hug he was offering her.

"How you feeling?" he asked as he let her go.

"I've been better, you?"

"More nervous then I thought I'd be, nothing I can't handle," he smiled at her, "you got a plan?"

"I do," she wrapped her hand tightly around the candy the Weasley's had given her, "do you?"

"Somewhat..." their conversation ceased as they were called over to select their dragons. Daisy picked right before Harry, second to last. The way it worked was quite interesting. They reached their hand into an old, brown sack that held miniature versions of the dragons.

As Daisy pulled her hand out, a small, white dragon curled around her fingers. She examined it closely as Harry picked his. She heard someone say it was an "Antipodean Opaleye." She could tell where it got its name from. It was covered in scales that were a pearl white color, glimmering where the sun reflected on it. Its eyes were mesmerising, they were completely white with no pupils, but someone she could tell it was looking at her, studying her. The Opaleye was one of the prettiest things she's ever seen, and it moved with elegance and grace. Daisy imagined it could have gone to Beauxbaton if it was a person.