Chapter 11: Some Late Night Gossip

"Did you hear what everyones saying?" George began, busting into the common room, Fred close on his tale.

"I've been here all day, staring at this stupid thing," Daisy said, referencing the golden egg that sat on the table infront of her. It'd been about 3 weeks since the first task, and she and Cedric still had no luck decipiring what kind of hint they were supposed to get from it.

"Well get this," George began, hopping over the couch into the seat next to her.

"We're gonna have a ball," Fred continued, doing the same on her other side.

"A ball, what for?" Daisy asked, putting a book down about the tournament and focusing her attention on the twins.

"Something for the tournament, that's what Dumbeldore said, anyways," Fred answered.

"We're all supposed to get dressed up and stuff, get dates," with that, George winked at her, she knew what was coming soon, "and you will be at the center of it all, Ms. Champion."

"Oh please, take me, your excellency," Fred asked dramatically, kneeling on the ground, pleading.

"Oh no, your importantness, take me instead," George added, doing the same.

Daisy laughed, "silence, you annoying peasants, or neither of you shall accompany me to the ball," with that they sat back on the couch, laughing, "besides, aren't you planning on asking Lee?" She looked towards Fred.

"We haven't really... talked about it..." he began, she looked at George, remembering their conversation from a few weeks ago, "I suppose I should ask him though, right?" Fred looked up at them.

"Only if you want to, mate," George assured him.

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to, Freddie," Daisy added.

"Yeah... you're right," he nodded, affirming it to himself, "I should still probably talk to him about... whatever's going on between us, though."

"What has been happening?" Daisy asked, "I love the drama, you know."

"Oh, well wait until you hear this. So one night, it was just us in the dorm, and he-"

"I don't want to hear all the details," George interrupted them, "I'm happy for you and all, but I'm still your brother, you know."

"Right, sorry," he stopped himself, a bit embarrassed, before mouthing to Daisy that he'd tell her later. She nodded at him, and they continued to discuss much more important matters, like whatever new products the twins had been coming up with.

"Daisy!" Ginny yelled to her, "you're coming to hogsmeade with us tomorrow," she referred to herself, as well as Hermoine.

"And why am I doing that?" She asked, a bit confused herself.

"Well you know about the Yule Ball by now," Hermoine continued, "we've got to go dress shopping."

That was the end of the discussion, as Ginny and Hermoine ran off.

"Well that's no fair, you're supposed to go to Zonkos with us tomorrow," Fred pouted at her.

"I do that every time, you guys can cause some mischief without me for once," she started, "besides, your favorite champion has to look her best for the ball."

"But Cedrics not going shopping tomorrow," George questioned, and Daisy shoved him over.

"Oh shut up you losers," she laughed, "I'm gonna head up stairs and get some rest, I'm sure I'll see you two tommorow," and with that she grabbed her golden egg, her books, and headed up to her dorm, where Ginny and Hermoine were waiting for her to go to sleep.

"So Daisy," Ginny began, "which of my brothers will be taking you to the ball?"

"I'm going with one of your brothers?"

"Well whichever one you like..." Hermoine started, "though now it's a bit obvious as to which one that is."

"It is?" Daisy and Ginny said in unison.

"Yes," Hermoine stated plainly as she separated her curls with a comb.

"Do you plan on telling me which one?" Ginny asked, oblivious to the deduction made by her counterpart.

"Well it's pretty clear. Fred kissed Lee. We all saw it," Daisy had almost forgotten that amidst her fantasies of her and George at the ball.

"You like George!" Ginny stated excitedly, and Hermoine smiled proudly at her work.

"She likes George," Hermoine stated plainly.

"I..." Daisy began, "I might like George," Daisy smiled to herself, a light blush covering her cheeks as she was absolutely smitten.

"Oh my merlin!" Ginny stated in delight, "well this is brilliant!"

"And why's that?" Hermoine asked, now she was the oblivious one.

"Well he's quite in love with you, are you that dumb?" She looked towards Daisy, "you see the way he looks at you? He doesn't look at anyone else like that."

"You think he loves me?" Daisy was overly happy right now, "well that's ridiculous."

"Oh no it's not, Ginny may be oblivious to it all but I'm not," Hermione stated.

"And what am I oblivious to?" Ginny asked.

"The looks they give each other, the winks, how they danced together at the party after the first task, how he literally kissed you after you kissed Ron," Daisy turned bright red, and Ginny looked at her, her jaw dropped.

"You did WHAT?" Ginny asked, somehow she was more excited then before, "you kissed my brother and didn't tell me?"

"Well I didn't actually kiss him then, he kissed me, right here," she pointed to below her ear and Ginny was practically jumping on her bed with excitement for her, "our first kiss was the night I got selected for the tournament."

"Now THAT I didn't know," Hermoine looked a bit excited now, Daisy didn't know her to be one who loved drama, but she was interested, "what happened?"

Well that night I had a terrible nightmare about the tournament," she began, "I woke up in the middle of the night. You two were asleep, I was a mess. I went to the boys room, and George answered the door. He comforted me, and then we kissed."

Ginny and Hermoine were speechless. Neither of them had any idea what they should say, or do, for that matter. Eventually, Ginny got some words, "You need to look perfect for the ball."

"I plan on it, but thanks for the idea," Daisy giggled to herself as she nestled under the covers.

"Daisy?" Hermione asked, once they had all settled into bed and the lights were out.

"Yeah?"

"Who knows, besides us, I mean..."

"Well..." Daisy took a minute to think, "No one, I think. I don't think George has told Fred..."

"Really?" Ginny was once again, shocked. Seemed to be the theme tonight.

"Yeah, why?"

"He tells Fred everything," she began, "he even told him when he broke the broom Mom got him for christmas. Fred took the blame for that one."

"Well then," Daisy began, "for the sake of their twin-ship, or whatever, just act like you don't know until Fred finds out?"

"Yeah."

"Of course."

"Thank you. It'd probably be best if George gets the chance to tell him."