Chapter 17: Technically There First Date

"You know what I just realized?" George asked her one day as they sat lazily in the common room one thursday, a couple weeks before the second task.

"That you and Fred are the reason we have a curfew?" Daisy looked over at him, and placed her hand on the arm that was draped across her shoulder.

"First of all, that was rude," he laughed, "and no, that's not what I realized."

"Do you wanna enlighten me orrrr...?"

"I guess I could," he pondered, "we've been dating for almost 2 months, right?"

"December 18th sooo..." She looked over at the calendar on the wall, February 16th, "yeah, 2 months on Saturday," she mumbled to herself, "we've been together that long?"

"I know right, it doesn't seem like more than a few weeks at this point," he laughed to himself.

"Feels like yesterday when you finally asked me out..." Daisy joked, "took you long enough..."

"Yes actually, it did. Took hours to put all those candles around..."

"If it makes you feel any better, I loved it," she smiled as she kissed him softly, "was that your whole point?"

"Oh no," he started again, sitting himself up and facing her, "well we've been dating nearly 2 months and we haven't gone on a proper date.

"Yeah... I guess we haven't. I've been so busy with that stupid egg I haven't had much time for anything else," she began. Daisy felt kind of bad they'd never been on a real date, they'd hung out a lot but they hadn't really done anything special.

"Yeah I totally get it, not your fault at all. I think it's time we do something special, though."

"Anything specific you got in mind?" Daisy asked, already excited.

"Well since we got hogsmeade on saturday, I figured we could spend the day together, I could take you to dinner or something, you could get dressed up all nice," he rambled on, a smile growing on his face.

"Georgie," she put a reassuring hand on his leg, "that sounds lovely."

"Oh, great then," he added, calming himself down.

"Is there a restaurant in hogsmeade besides the three broomsticks, I swear that's the only one I've ever been in," Daisy laughed, trying to make herself more comfortable.

"There's Hogs Head, that's a bit nicer than the Three Broomsticks," he started, "Bill said he'd been there a few times on dates, Charlie wasn't as fortunate," he laughed, Daisy had always loved hanging out with the older boys, they had such fascinating stories.

"That sounds perfect," she smiled at him.

And it was perfect. Daisy and George had agreed to go to Hogs Head for lunch that day, and that they'd meet in the common room at noon to walk to Hogsmeade.

"What are you gonna wear?" Ginny asked when she told her about the date.

"Well we both agreed we wanted to look nice, so I think my Yule Ball dress will do?" She joked.

"Oh shut up, I'm being serious!" Ginny threw a pillow at her, "it's your first date with my brother, this is a big moment for me!"

"How is this a big moment for you?" Daisy questioned, laughing.

"My best friend and my brother are going on a date," Ginny stated, "you'll tell this story at your wedding!"

"Oh don't get ahead of yourself, Gin," Daisy blushed, "let's get back to my outfit, shall we?"

"Right, well are we thinking dress or skirt? Jeans? No, definitely dress... Right?" Ginny questioned.

"A dress sounds good. But not a whole fancy dress, like something casual, yeah?" Daisy added, riffling through her closet.

"What about this?" Ginny pulled out a dark red dress, it had a v-neck and thing straps, it got looser past her waist.

"We could work with that..." Daisy laughed, taking the dress from Ginny and holding it against her body, "and with this jacket?" She took out a gray leather jacket from her closet.

"That'll be perfect!" Ginny smiled and clapped her hands.

Soon enough she met George in the common room, and he was starstruck as usual. He always looked at her like she was an angel, and he called her as such.

"All ready, Angel?" he asked as he admired her.

"Well I look ready, don't I?" she laughed at him.

Their date wasn't very much different from what it was like when they usually hung out, except a little fancier. Fred was the instigator of all of their pranks, so they have a mostly peaceful evening, aside from a few people wishing Daisy luck about the tournament.

"I'll never get used to that..." Daisy laughed as someone who wanted her autograph walked away.

"Don't like being Miss.Important?" He laughed, shoveling some food into his mouth.

"Well being important is nice I guess, but having people like... I dunno... fans I guess?" She scoffed to herself, "that's so weird, right?"

"I mean I guess?" He smiled at her, "But it's about time people start realising how cool you are, don't you think?"

"Very funny," she mocked.

"You're adorable," he laughed, gesturing to her with his fork.

"Shut it, Weasley," Daisy rolled her eyes at him and continued to eat her food.

Daisy Diggory loved George Weasley. She knew it too, and he did as well. She didn't think anything would make her happier then he did. And when he kissed her, she didn't think she would ever feel any pain again.

I wish she'd known how so wrong she would be.