Chapter 5: The Goblet of Fire and Its Champions

The flames grew a deep red, a piece of paper with a name appearing from its smoke, "The Durmstrang champion is... Victor Krum!" Dumbeldore shouted as the hall filled with applause. He got up from where he was sitting, and walked towards Dumbeldore, giving Daisy a weak smile as he walked past. He shook Dumbledore's hand and walked into the room in the back of the hall.

"Think he'll win?" George whispered in her ear.

"That depends on who the other champions are."

"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour!" The hall once again filled with cheers, and a beautiful blonde glided to shake Dumbledore's hand and go to the same room Krum had gone to.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory!" The hall was the loudest for him. Daisy felt the beginnings of a pit in her stomach when she saw her brother smile through the hall, shaking Dumbledore's hand and follow the same path as Victor and Fleur.

"He'll be alright, Rosie," Fred smiled at her.

"He's our golden boy, what's the worst that can happen?" George added, still applauding for Cedric.

Dumbeldore began again, "Excellent! We now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the triwizard cup!"

The cup erupted in flames again, spitting out a 4th name. Confused whispers filled the hall, no one was prepared for another champion, "Harry Potter..." Dumbeldore mumbled, everyone was outraged. He wasn't old enough, there was already a Hogwarts champion. Harry slowly got up and walked towards Dumbeldore, who didn't shake his hand. You could hear a pin drop.

Dumbeldore was about to follow Harry into the room when the goblets fire glowed for the 5th time, and spit out another name.

"Another one?" Fred said under his breath.

"Who could it be this time?" George continued.

"This is ridiculous," Daisy added.

Dumbeldore grabbed the piece of paper from the air, his mad expression turned to one of confusion and sadness.

"Another Hogwarts champion..." He began, the students from Drumstrang and Beauxbatons were upset, they booed but Dumbeldore waved a hand to silence them. He looked towards the Gryffindor table, where Daisy, Fred and George were sitting.

"Daisy Diggory."

She was frozen. She couldn't hear very much noise, either that or no one was saying anything.

How could this have happened? She hadn't entered her name, and there were already champions.

She didn't realize how long she had been sitting there while everyone waited until George poked her side.

Fred had done this.

He put in two names.

Only one of them wasn't accepted.

She stood up, her face white with fear, on the verge of something she couldn't describe other than breaking, "Fred... Was this your doing?"

"I- I'm sorry Daisy..." He began, "I didn't think it'd actually work..."

"Fred you idiot," George snarled at his twin.

Daisy had shown no emotion as she stood, white noise filled her ears as she walked down the middle of the hall to the room where the other champions waited.

When she walked in Cedrics smile faded, "Daisy?" She was silent and he wrapped her in a tight hug, a few tears escaping her eyes. He knew she didn't want this.