Chapter 15: The Yule Ball

The trio was supposed to meet there dates at 6:45 in the common room to walk to the Yule Ball together. Although it was only 2 o'clock, the girls had already gone to Hogsmeade and gotten their nails done, and they were supposed to start getting dressed soon.

Daisy didn't think she needed almost 5 hours to get ready, but Hermoine had planned for every possible thing that could go wrong. In their school, it was probably a good idea.

But today nothing bad happened, and they were ready to go by 4. Which gave Daisy time to redo her makeup and hair. Hermione's spells worked fine, but she always liked the traditional ways a bit better.

"Daisy, what're you doing?" Ginny asked as she saw Daisy pull out the makeup wipes and take the bobbing pins out of her hair.

"I just like to do this stuff the muggle way. No shade, Mione, the spells were really cool," Daisy started, bringing out a eyeshadow pallet from one of her trunks.

"What's that?" Ginny asked, intrigued.

"Muggle makeup," she started, "dad got it for me christmas one year, never had a chance to use it until now."

"Can you do it on me?" Ginny begged, looking closely at what Daisy was doing.

"Me too!" Hermoine added.

"Alright then, come here," Daisy gestured to Hermoine, adding some matte gold and black to her eyes, as well as a bit of shimmering gold in the inner corner of her eyes. Daisy then directed her attention to Ginny, who she did the same to but with silvers instead of golds. Lastly, she did her own, where she used silver and light shades of gray and blue.

"Damn..." Ginny started, "we look good."

"We really do," Hermoine added, closely examining the powder on her eyes, "I'm terrible at makeup, must've taken you a while to learn it."

"Just a lot of practice... I guess."

Before the girls knew it, it was 6:45 and they slipped their heels on as they walked to the common room. Ginny left first, meeting with Neville and Hermoine went after, going somewhere to meet Victor. That left just Daisy, and she walked down the stairs when she saw George waiting for her.

"George, mate, try to keep yourself composed," Fred whispered to his brother as he gestured to Daisy, who was walking elegantly down the stairs.

The look on George's face when he saw her was something she would never forget. He gazed at her, his eyes full of admiration, and his jaw halfway to the floor.

"Wow..." he smiled at her, "I mean- You look... really wow... seriously gives Angel a new definition..."

"Thank you, Georgie," Daisy smiled as she held both of his hands in his. He had on, plain, black dress robes that made him look sleek, she was in just as much awe as he was. Only Daisy was better with her words, "you don't look too bad yourself."

"Don't look too bad?" He scoffed at her, "I look amazing, thank you very much."

"That's what I said," she laughed as he twirled around, "practicing your dancing skills? Bit late for that, isn't it?"

"Nothing a little last minute preparing can't help," he smiled at her, Daisy always melted when he smiled, "shall we, Mada'am champion?" He bowed, goofily and dramatically.

"We shall," she closed her eyes and looked away as she took his hand. They walked through the castle, saying hi to friends as they passed, before meeting up with the fellow champions.

"Why do we need to see the champions before the dance?" George asked.

"I already told you, Georgie," Daisy sighed, "we have to be a part of the first dance since I'm a champion and you're my date."

"Lucky for you I'm an amazing dancer," he joked. Hopefully he wasn't joking, Daisy didn't want to embarrass herself in front of everyone.

They met up with the champions shortly, seeing Cedric so happy with Cho made her happy as well. They greeted each other silently. He looked nice, he always looked nice in dress robes.

Soon enough they were walking out in front of everyone, their thoughts over crowded with the cheers of their fellow students and teachers. They were soon on the dance floor and took position.

"You sure you're a good dancer, George?"

"Just follow my lead, Angel," he winked at her. Thank Merlin, George was actually an incredible dancer. He led them around the ballroom effortlessly, trying to make her less nervous as they went.

Finally the ballroom dancing was over, and Fred and George started a mosh pit when the weird sisters came on. Daisy got to dance with all of her friends, she wasn't sure she'd ever had more fun.

By 11 that night the crowd was thinning out, and she and George walked hand in hand back to the common room lazily, holding her heels in the hand that wasn't holding George.

"You seriously look otherworldly..." George smiled at her, "honestly, I've always known you were beautiful but if I knew you could wear a dress like that I'd have planned something like this so long ago."

"You're too sweet..." she looked at him lovingly, "I had no clue you were such a good dancer."

"Mum made sure all of us knew how to dance, wanted us to be prepared for something like this," he looked back on the memory fondly, "Ginny was always really good at it."

"Ron looked like he was struggling a bit when McGonnogal was teaching it..."

"He was the worst, but I suspect he felt a bit odd dancing with Minnie," George laughed to himself.

"That'd make me feel a bit odd, yeah..." Daisy sighed as they walked through the courtyard, hearing the faint music of the last dance, "care for one more?"

"Another dance?" he smiled, taking her shoes from her hand and tossing them to the side, "anything for you."

She looked up at him fondly as they danced. It wasn't a proper ballroom dance, though. They swayed side to side, Daisy's hands lazily draped over Georges shoulders, and his hands were tight around her waist, pulling her closer as she leaned her head on his chest.

"I wish we could do this forever," she whispered to him.

"Me too..." he sighed.

"Can I tell you something, Georgie?" Daisy asked, looking up at him as they stopped dancing.

"Anything, Diggory."

"I... um..." she began, looking into his deep eyes, "I love you."

His expressions showed exactly how I felt, "I love you too," he leaned down and kissed her passionately.

In her mind, Daisy Diggory cannot think of a day that made her happier. How could anything possibly go wrong, she was in bliss.

~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note: Thank you so much for 700 reads! I really hope you enjoy this chapter and everything that went down. Love you all so much!!! :)