Chapter 28: Ladies and Gentlemen... Pt.2

It'd been about a week since the battle. They'd won, but at what cost? The wizarding world would be better for it, but they'd lost too many good people along the way for anyone to be happy about it. Hopefully they could look down at them from heaven and smile, knowing their sacrifice was worth it. But, with the dead comes a funeral.

Daisy sat silently, she held George's hand. Last time they did this was Cedric's funeral. They'd both lost a brother, Daisy knew how it felt, she didn't want George to go through it alone.

A familiar face spoke, "It should've been me that day," he sniffled, "I let him push me out of the way, he took the hit for me."

There wasn't a dry eye in the crowd.

"Percy Weasley died saving my life. I won't ever get the chance to repay him. I wish I'd given him more forgiveness before the battle, he asked for it and I gave him a half hearted answer..." Fred tried to hold in a sob, "merlin, I'm so, so sorry Perce," Fred quickly made his way back to his seat next to George and was engulfed by his mother, who was sobbing loudly into his shoulder.

"Daisy," George spoke softly to her that night. His hands were plainly with her hair daintily, and she was snuggled up close to him.

"Yes, darling?" she looked up at him, he wore a serious expression.

"I can't help but feel... guilty," he hesitated, like it took him a minute to place the words.

"Guilty about what?"

"Percy was my brother..." he began, "but Fred is my brother and my best friend and my business partner and my twin."

"I'm not sure I'm following?"

"I feel guilty because I'm so glad it wasn't Fred," he began, "I don't know what I would do without him..."

"Oh, Georgie," Daisy gazed at him. He looked like he was in pain, "don't beat yourself up about it. I know you love Percy, so does Fred, and you're parents and the rest of your family. But we all know how close you and Fred are, it makes sense you want him to be safe."

"You don't think I'm a monster?"

"I could never think that," Daisy placed a soft kiss on his lips, "I love you."

"I love you too."

So, what I've lost and what I've gained.

I lost my brother, the one person who would always be there for me no matter what.

I lost my innocence. I thought nothing bad could happen at Hogwarts but here we are, the place I once called a school is now a battle ground.

I lost my parents for a while, but they came back. They couldn't bear to look at me after Cedric.

But I gained so much.

I gained this confidence about myself that I never thought I would have, like I could do anything.

I gained my best friend, Fred Weasley. He can be a git sometimes but I'll always love him.

Oh, and George Weasley.

I gained the love of my life, and the story of us won't be over anytime soon.