Chapter 14: Christmas Morning

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!" Ginny yelled as she smacked Daisy with a pillow.

"Ughhhhhh..." Daisy groaned at her, "what time is it?"

"Oh who cares? It's christmas!" She cheered, "Mom delivered presents for everyone, come on!" Molly had taken it upon herself to give everyone gifts, this included all of her children and the kids she had unofficially adopted. Kids like Hermoine, Harry, and Daisy. Even though they all had families (minus Harry), she still loved them the same as her own.

They opened gifts quickly, they were all very excited by the ball that night. She got a famous Weasley sweater from Molly, a dark green sweater with a marron "D" on the front.

Ginny gave her some kind of special candy from Hunnydukes, and in return she'd given Ginny a bottle of spiked butterbeer, which she was very excited about.

Hermoine gave her a book about dragons, Daisy had expressed some interest about the Opaleye she fought and Hermoine, of course, remembered. Daisy gifted Hermoine a necklace with a lion charm, she loved it, of course.

Fred gave her a free pass to prank George with him, which she promised she would use wisely. She gave him a jumper with pink, purple, and blue stripes. He was confused at first, but when she explained it to him he was quite happy.

And then it was her turn to get something from George, and give him something in return, of course.

"So what'd you get me?" George asked her, hopping into the seat next to her.

"I'm going first?" She asked him, eyeing a small box he had hidden behind his back.

"Well who says I have anything for you?" He smirked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Says the box behind your back," his smile dropped at that one, "I'll still go first though. Don't be upset or anything, I didn't have too much time to prepare."

"I'll love it no matter what," his smile once returned as Daisy handed him a rectangle shaped package.

He shook it slightly, "Stop that! It's breakable," she yelled at him, trying to steady the box in his hands.

"You got me something breakable?" He asked in surprise, she nodded at him, "do you even know me?"

"Oh relax, just open it," Daisy watched, full of nerves, as he tore open the wrapping paper. He held her gift in his hands, it was a simple, silver picture frame. Inside it though, was a moment from when he asked her to be his girlfriend, a moving picture.

"Diggory..." He gasped, "it's perfect," he quickly put the picture down on the table in front of them and kissed her, which took her a bit by surprise but she didn't mind.

"I'm glad you like it," she started, "I was a little worried it wasn't extravagant enough for you."

"I love it," he smiled softly at her, "alright, my turn," his expressions turned more excited.

"I thought you said you didn't get me anything?"

"Of course I did don't be dumb," he laughed as he handed her a small box, once she took the paper off it appeared to be for jewelery, "I really hope you like it, took me forever to pick it out..."

Daisy popped open the box to reveal a small, simple, silver necklace. It had a thin chain that led to a small pendant with a "G" on it in pretty, simple writing.

"Oh, Georgie..." she began, he looked at her hopefully, "it's beautiful..." She sniffled to herself, careful not to shed a tear at his simple, yet beautiful transaction.

"I thought it was about time people knew we were together. You take my quidditch jumper, but there's so many Weasleys I figured you might want to be a bit more specific..." George chuckled to himself, "here, let me help you..."

He took the necklace out of her hand and clasped it around her neck.

"Brilliant," she laughed as she admired the jewelry on her neck.

"Right then," Hermoine interrupted there moment, "we've got plenty to do today and not a moment to spare, better get a move on."

With that she said a quick goodbye to George and the rest of her friends as the girls scurried to their dorm room.

"Are we ready, ladies?" Ginny asked as they shut the door.

"Not nearly," Daisy admitted, still feeling nervous.

"Well we've got all day," Hermoine began, "no time like the present."

~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note: Sorry this chapters so short! I imagine the Yule Ball chapter will be long, so I didn't want to try to squeeze it in here. It should be out some time tomorrow, but take this for now, I hope you appreciate the sweet moment :)