Chapter 8: A Fire Breathing Candy

The weekend was relatively peaceful, so the twins and Daisy decided to take a brief trip to hogsmeade to pick up a few things they deemed very necessary for the following week. They stopped at Honeydukes and picked up Chocolate Frogs, Exploding Bon Bons, Jelly Slugs and some Fizzing Wizbees. Next, they went to the three broomsticks to escape the frigid weather and get some butter beer. Lastly they went to Zonkos, well more like the twins dragged Daisy there, where Fred picked up some stink pellets while she and George wandered around.

"I'll be about 15 minutes, I'll meet you near the road back?" Fred asked, George and Daisy nodded silently.

George spoke as soon as Fred left, "Fancy a trip to the shrieking shack?" he laughed, grabbing her hand and twirling her around, before he dropped it after.

"And do what, Weasley?" She laughed at him as they began to walk through hogsmeade, "You got something in mind?"

"Well I've got much in mind..." George begins, making her blush, "but nothing we could do in 15 minutes, if you know what I mean."

"Georgie!" Daisy laughed, pretending to act shocked, "get your head out the gutter, would you?"

"What? I was only thinking of reading a nice long book there, but that'd take much longer than 15 minutes," He defended himself, "What were you thinking?"

"I hate you."

"Aww you really mean it?"

"Of course," Daisy began, "I'm only in it for Fred, you see how attractive he is?" Daisy asked him

"You think my identical twin is attractive?" George asked, laughing.

"He is pretty cute."

"Well that means you find me attractive as well, yeah?"

"No not you. You do this thing when you laugh, you throw your head back and your eyes get wrinkled in the corners," Daisy commented, already feeling a smile grow on her face.

"I do?" George asked her, extremely engaged in the conversation.

"Yeah. And when you get tired you always try to hide it and stay awake, but you end up crashing and rest your head on top of mine," At this point they had reached a small bench where they sat as they waited for Fred.

She looked up at him to see him staring at her, a blush growing on his face and his eyes wide, "well don't stop on my account."

"Enjoying this, are we?" Daisy laughed at him, growing red.

"Extremely," he smiled at her, "well go on, why is Fred so much more attractive then I am?"

"Well let me think," Daisy continued, she felt George move closer to her, "When you get excited and you think no ones looking, you do the little fist pump silently, totally repulsive."

"Like when?"

"Like the night that I got selected for the tournament, after my nightmare..." Daisy trailed off and looked at George, who only smiled, then a mischievous grin grew. The kind she always loved the outcome of, but never knew what would happen.

"Not sure I remember what you're talking about..." he looked up at her, "care to remind me?"

"What happened to sneaking around?" she questioned.

"I don't see anyone, do you?" George looked around and saw only a few shopkeepers, no one that they knew.

When Daisy looked back at George, he was already leaning in. He was on the right of her, and she felt his left hand move around her waist and pull her closer. Daisy held his face in her hands and she felt his lips touch hers. It was softer than the first time, like he was less desperate to get to her, but definitely not in a bad way. He was gentle, and when he pulled away he rested his forehead on hers and smiled with his eyes closed.