Chapter 4: Secret for a Secret

It'd been about 2 months since they'd settled into their year at hogwarts. During their dinner on the first night, Dumbledore had mentioned how to submit themselves into the Triwizard tournament. They simply needed to drop their name into the goblet of fire, and it would be entered into the selection.

"So Daisy," Fred had said one day, as they walked the campus.

"Fred and I have found a way to enter the tournament," George continued.

"Care to tell me how you managed that?" Daisy asked, as they turned into the great hall. Many students sat in the chairs that surrounded the goblet of fire, watching as people entered, cheering when they were accepted.

"Why don't we just show you," The trio walked towards the end of the hall, when the twins each pulled a vial of questionable liquid out of their robes.

"Oh bloody hell," Daisy laughed under her breath.

"It's not going to work." Hermoine commented, her head not coming up from the book she was reading.

"Oh yeah? And why's that Granger?" Fred asked, slightly offended.

"You see this? This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself," she fired back, pointing to the dusty line surrounding the goblet.

"So?"

"So a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something pathetically dimwitted such as an age potion."

"That's why it's so brilliant," George laughed, "Ready Fred?"

"Ready, George."

"Bottoms up," They said in unison, drinking their potions and jumping over the line, followed by a lot of applause. She watched as they put their names in, Fred seemed to have two pieces of paper in his hand, she assumed he wanted to enter his name twice, better chances that way.

Better yet, the goblet didn't accept their names, and blew them back, when they sat up, they had both easily aged 50 years, due to the questionable logic that surrounded their potions. She watched as they began to fight with each other, and eventually were taken to the hospital wing to get the effects of the potion wiped.

She'd told them she knew it wouldn't accept their names, George went on about how Fred had probably messed up one of the ingredients and Fred only winked at her, muttering under his breath how it had accepted one of his papers.

Daisy had fallen into a simple routine, she'd wake up at 7, get dressed and head down to the great hall for breakfast at 7:30, where she'd meet Fred and George. They'd take their time at breakfast, usually at the great hall for well over an hour eating, talking to their friends, or catching up on homework they didn't do. After they ate, she and her boys would walk through the castle to their 9 am class, potions with Professor Snape.

"Why do you think Snape hates us so much?" Fred was thinking out loud, walking down the stairs to the dungeon where their classroom was, "the gryffindors, I mean."

"Dunno... maybe someone broke his heart," Daisy commented, not really paying attention.

"That's dumb," Fred said, "Potter probably did something."

"Maybe he's just house-ist," George added.

"Yeah, cause that makes so much sense, Georgie," Fred laughed.

After the nightmare that was potions, she would walk by herself to care of magical creatures, she didn't have that class with Fred and George, but Cedric was there so she got to spend some time with him. That was her favorite class, she loved seeing all the magical animals.